Why Macintosh sux

Status
Not open for further replies.
i REALLY like the Autodesk programs, i dont wanna sound like a fanboy, but they are so cool, especially MAYA 7, its SO COOL! if anyone remembers Discreet Logic, the company that merged with Autodesk, my uncle in law was the CEO.

actually that is precisely why I phrased it that way, it was a trick question

kinda like the term PC I loathe so much, afterall macs ARE PC's

PC=personal computer, how the two got changed from there's PC's and then there's mac's like they are something alien I have never understood, but nowadays the lines arent so clear are they?

still even with Apple's switch from PPC to x86 and likely x86_64 at some point, pound for pound and dollar for dollar performance wise Apple is still taking a serious azz kicking, in horndude's book that doesnt make them win anything :)

uzi9mm said:
i LOVE autodesk inventor!!!!!!!

Discreet Logic made him quite a bit of money, he got about $400 Million from selling it to Autodesk, CRAZY!!! once i get a powerful enough computer, im definitely gonna get Maya 7, and 3DS Max.

horndude said:
actually that is precisely why I phrased it that way, it was a trick question

kinda like the term PC I loathe so much, afterall macs ARE PC's

PC=personal computer, how the two got changed from there's PC's and then there's mac's like they are something alien I have never understood, but nowadays the lines arent so clear are they?

still even with Apple's switch from PPC to x86 and likely x86_64 at some point, pound for pound and dollar for dollar performance wise Apple is still taking a serious azz kicking, in horndude's book that doesnt make them win anything :)
The thing is, when someone asks you [question] Mac vs. PC, they almost invariably mean Windows vs. Mac OS. That's also annoying, because the term "Mac" seems to refer to a platform, one that constantly changes too (it used to mean a PPC-based computer running Mac OS). Is a "Mac" still a "Mac" of you boot Windows on it now?

u mean If no1 is around and a tree falls, does it make a sound? but the answer is yes, just because no1 is there to hear it, doesnt mean its not there, if some1 dies in a desert and no1 is around, does he really die? its basically the same question, of COURSE he really dies, just no1 is there.

I wasn't getting on that subject. The answer is subjective really but technically you could say no it doesn't. Sound is only 'sound' after it has been picked up by the membranes in our ears. Before that it is only waves in the air. So a tree falling with no one around creates a ruffle in the air with sound waves.

but meh, as I said I was just making a completely unrelated comment

if some1 dies in a desert and no1 is around, does he really die? its basically the same question, of COURSE he really dies, just no1 is there.
now that's schroedingers cat stuff. According to him the guy is both alive and dead

schroedinger eh? ill have to read up on him, how is he both alive and dead? well i guess if no1 knows hes dead, they would still think hes alive, but in reality he is dead, but thats not because hes alive and dead, its because hes dead, but people dont know yet.

ok, i just read it and it dont understand what that means....
Thus, said Schroedinger, the cat must itself be in a superposition of dead and alive states before the observer opens the box, ``observes'' the cat, and ``collapses'' it's wave function.

waht does that mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom