Why are the iPhones in such great demand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to cut and paste a comment by a guy in regards to this...it is from a betanews article:

---
A bunch of "me first" sheep that need to be seen with an iPhone to feel any self worth. I still use a RAZR and hide it in my front pocket as opposed to wearing it on my belt like so many losers.

I saw a mullet wearing redneck with three different phones on his hip and a Bluetooth headset (you know the one's that look like you have a d*** growing out of you ear). You can tell he needed to feel important or at least appear that way to other people. He was some greasy fat a** who looked like a fast food employee and had a bad southern drawl (which makes anyone sound stupid).

My favorite is people in the airport who call anybody and everybody in thier phone book so they can look important while waiting in the terminal. I had a loser with an iPhone go down his list one by one, calling everybody for no reason to impress a hottie who was sitting accross from us.

I gave her a smirk look and shook my head, she knew exactly what I was thinking and laughed as this went on for over 45 minutes. He was texting non stop after the got off his high level discussion phone calls.
----

title of the article:
iTunes, activation outages are rendering new and old iPhones inoperable

I am one of those that hates cellphones...or dislikes them very very much. *sigh* to be ordinarily confident ;)

the 3g network covers like 5% of the country. Everyone wants it because Steve Jobs told them they wanted it.

Apple: bilking sheeple out of their money for 25+ years.

Why are the iPhones in such great demand?
Because it's apple and that it's so fun to play with.

Sorry, if I am going to be stuck going on a plan for a expensive phone, give me some thing with some practicality to it. Not some thing that is just fun to play with.
I am sticking with my HTC Touch 850.

Even though 3G is here as far as from the late 2004s i've never used it, it is a useless service for me. I rarely even call somebody on my mobile, either they will or i'll send sms...

Now with my recent change of heart with apple this might sound a bit fanboy but i think the iPhone is one of the best phones out there especially for business use, every thing is built right in from stock an can be configured very quickly an easily. it has more memory built into it than you can get on a MicroSD card or a normal SD card, the touch screen is very easy to use an it's highly responsive. Mobile Safari is the best browser i have used on a mobile platform and is much better than the one bundled with most blackberry phones. The screen is much better quality and surprisingly tough my blackberry that shares the same pocket along with the odd coin or a set of keys is full of scratches compared to my itouch that has non on the screen and only a few light ones on the back that are barely noticeable.

In short - I am getting my iphone as soon as possible, currently i am using my iTouch as a PDA and MP3 player and I can't wait till i get both devices rolled into one that weighs just slightly more than the iTouch.

i got an itouch and i love it to death. i take it everywhere with me, and its really cool to have because its really cutting edge technology and not to mention it cut my wallet in half, which a lot of people are drawn to in my lovely richy-rich town of glamherst. but yeah, i would definitely drop verizon and get an iphone if i weren't still in high school and could have a full time job, which i could do if i dropped out, but that won't happen.

i will stick with my 3G BlackBerry that is available on ANY network.
apple nuts talk about MS trying to monopolize but what do you think apple's doing only running only on AT&T?
law suit in Cali has already been filed for monopolistic business practice against apple/AT&T as well for apple purposely bricking iphone 1.0.
BB Thunder FTW! well...when it comes out XD

edit:
as well my theory why they are in such great "demand"
apple is simply just creating a supply & demand fiasco.
omg! they've sold out
omg! there were so many connection the servers went down
omg! 3G

simple business practice to create a hype. nothing more, nothing less...this strategy is practiced by many large corporations.
not saying they arn't selling...apple's marketing department is just trying to create some drama.

i see nothing wrong with apple being AT&T exclusive, i dont like it because im with sprint, but its there call. it is NO DIFFERENT then any other phone company that has phones exclusive to it, why should apple be sued because they choose to be with AT&T?

Now with my recent change of heart with apple this might sound a bit fanboy but i think the iPhone is one of the best phones out there especially for business use,

The one feature the iphone lacks that makes it useless for business in my opinion is Microsoft Office Mobile. If I get a smartphone I want to be able to view and edit all my Office files on the go.

I do not want an iPhone. I tend to go against the herd, so that is to be expected.

If I want to join a cult I'll shave my head start selling flowers in an airport...

I'm with Trotter on this one.

My VX8600 suits me well. My next phone may be the Moto W755. I like the smaller, thin phones. What I really want in a phone, is BitPim compatibility ;). Free ringtones ftw.

i see nothing wrong with apple being AT&T exclusive, i dont like it because im with sprint, but its there call. it is NO DIFFERENT then any other phone company that has phones exclusive to it, why should apple be sued because they choose to be with AT&T?

Name another phone that Apple makes, that's on a different network. You can't, cuz there isn't one. LG makes phones for more than 1 carrier, as does Samsung, Nokia, Motorola, etc. The difference is that Apple has 1 phone, the iPhone, and they have it limited to 1 carrier. LG has several models, and are not limited to 1 carrier as a company, while Apple is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom