Why are the iPhones in such great demand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
I just don't get it. As if people didn't get enough of the first gen iPhone, consumers are just as frantic for the new iPhone 2!!!! The only MAJOR improvement I see is the 3G high speed network, that's about it. Why would anyone want to get rid of their regular iPhone for the iPhone 2 still?!?

Macworld | iPhone Central | iPhone 3G in short supply in many Apple Stores

If it were me, the first gen iPhone is totally bad as it is and has the exact same look as the new iPhones. It's kind of like getting a Playstation 3 and then waiting to buy a Playstation 3 2nd Edition or something :p.

more memory, the 3g network is amazing. its just an overall better thing, they have better apps and stuff for it. and i guess apple just under estimated what they needed.

I can't believe US carriers are just barely using the 3G network when all the Eurpoean nation and Japan have been using it forever. Wimax and 4G is next.

Ugh. I want one so badly, I love my iPod Touch and I've been meaning to upgrade my super thick cellphone from the 90s thats been through the washer and dryer twice.. But those **** monthly plans, I dont know if I can budget that.

I hate the new plastic back, The 1st gen back was beautiful, but I guess it had to be done to improve reception.

I can't believe US carriers are just barely using the 3G network when all the Eurpoean nation and Japan have been using it forever. Wimax and 4G is next.

I would think it has something to do with how our country is laid out, it big with giant open areas in between cities unlike Japan and european countries which are smaller and more compact. I could be wrong, probably am.

nah, i think that makes sense. and i would totally jump onto an iphone, i could probably afford it actually.... but i'd have to get off of verizon, and my dad worked for verizon when we got our plan's so we got a nice discount, and i got an enV last fall so i still have another year before my contract runs out over christmas. ;) maybe a nice christmas present for myself.. and iphone and bills.......

I kind of like the Blackberry though. It has that new little ball in the middle that act kind of like a mini-mouse. Feels so good under my fingertips. I think it also has vibrate feedback too. I don't have AT&T but have service through Verizon Wireless. Plus I get 15% off my monthly service plan through my work. Best phone they have is the Blackberry. Their new textphones are way too bulky compared to the iPhones which is why I love the way Apple designed their new phone.

I wish Apple would make the iPhone available for all the different carriers out there.

I do not want an iPhone. I tend to go against the herd, so that is to be expected.

If I want to join a cult I'll shave my head start selling flowers in an airport...

Lol. 3G is the suck. Drains battery in what, 8 hours standby on my LG Viewty !? compared to 3.5days on 1G and 2G.

HSDPA is way better anyway, i browse quicker than i do at home :eek: I don't dare download for fear of embaressing my home connection. 3G Ftl.

You guys in america seriously only just started supporting 3G !? :confused:

Trotter it's not a cult - it's a religion join us some time.

I want a iPhone I upgraded my iPod touch as soon as the firmware became available an some of the apps out there are just to cool, the remote app is great i can sit here and change my play list in iTunes tweak the volume as if i was stitting infront of my computer.

I will be getting rid of this crack berry as soon as i can.

Yeah the whole just switching to 3G here is a bunch of fail. I like the gps feature much more than the 3g. There are so many apps that take advantage of the gps and do cool things with it. And there are only more cool apps to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom