Why Do We Freak Out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
beedubaya said:
I hope I'm not alone on this....but I stay far away from drugs or alcohol.

Same and I agree with all of Shoobie's posts in this thread...so far.

BTW, this is pathetic.
I second that.

A. I've never heard of "mushrooms" and "acid" in the sense you're talking about.
B. If you're taking drugs to get accepted by your "friends", they're not friends, they're fools.

EDIT:
I hope I'm not alone on this....but I stay far away from drugs or alcohol.
I second that as well.

I had a few sips of alcohol once (during a card game under peer pressure. I know, stupid stupid stupid), and I started to have chest pains. Not tingly, not a head ache, CHEST PAINS.

So I'm with you guys, no more drinking, and never any drugs again.

heck, I don't even like pain relievers....

EDIT: Never had drugs, besides alcohol, to begin with.

FadingTheory said:
I had a few sips of alcohol once (during a card game under peer pressure. I know, stupid stupid stupid), and I started to have chest pains. Not tingly, not a head ache, CHEST PAINS.

So I'm with you guys, no more drinking, and never any drugs again.

heck, I don't even like pain relievers....

EDIT: Never had drugs, besides alcohol, to begin with.

Hmmmmm

The first step to recovery is first admitting your problem.

lol..don't ask...it's a inside joke. :p

I honestly didn't expect to see a thread about acid here, especially after the last marijuana poll got deleted. But as long as we're on the subject:
Weed = okay(in moderation). Shrooms = okay(if done occasionally). Alchohol isn't bad (don't drink to get get drunk!) Ecstasy = BAD! and Him why the hell are you taking Acid in the first place? Brain Damage is exactly right man!

I like to go by the adage "to each his own" I am in no position to judge other peoples choises. I may not agree with them, but I don't beleive I have the right to tell them they are wrong or "brain damaged" (although there is proof that drugs will cause brain damage)

Of course I realise the hypocracy about saying we should not judge, as this is in and of itsef a judgement of the others choises to be judgemental...just can't win in this type of thread.

Yeah you're right dappleby. Him, feel free to drop as much acid as you want and pop all the ecstasy you feel you need to be happy. But if you get anything safer call me up cuz im down wit dat ;)

I'm not dropping acid or poppin E, never have. My question is why does what happen happen? Why does it open doors in your head? Why does it do the things it does? Saying such a general answer as "Acid short circuits your brain" is an ignorant answer at best. Obvbiously it short ciruicts your brain and makes it do the things it does, but why does it make it do the things it makes it do? I am in no way advocating the use of drugs, and I am not telling people, or doing myself, to take drugs to be accepted. How that got worked in here is ridiculous.

I am simply asking why. More people have to learn to ask why, they learn more things that way. I asked a doctor this, and he didnt give me shit, but tried to answer my questions and failed. Why does it open these doors, why does it make us think the way we think and act the way we act and do the things we do? Why do peoples perceptions of reality differ so when on a drug like this? Why is using drugs like this the only way to unlocking deep deep doors inside the human brain? And dont anyone tell me that there is other ways. Because there are not. Psychadelics are, right now, the only way to completely get to the core of someones brain. Why, all i'm asking is WHY?

I don't know the answer to your questions .. and it seems nobody else here does either. I looked in a search engine about any sites with info about this, here is a website that has a database with information about many illegal drugs, maybe the answer to your question can be found here, www.erowid.org

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom