Why cant we speak of political things on TF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

digital_darknes

In Runtime
Ive read the post so dont post a link to it. I just dont understand why we cant get a opinion from another tech from a diferent part of the world.

The bible thread was not offending anyone but it was deleted. As long as we dont flame whats the prob?

the religion thing offended me... especially the earlier thread where it basically showed some people having the view that non christians are heathens and arent worth shit!

As a non religous person, I dont think that people who believe in god are any better than those who do!

because they cause flaming warez unless there is a specific forum no forums allow this. They either put a sub forum in or dont allow it at all. Agreed. I beleive in god but under him everyone should be treated equal no matter what religion/race

i side with Hygor and the mods. Religion and politics simply don't belong on a tech forum site. I can't see it doing any good due to the very nature of religion and politics.

I love talking about both, but here it might be best just to keep the hot issues away so we can all get along :)

If you don't want "off-topic" discusion (which I assume is everything and anything even un-tech related) then don't have and "off-topic" category. It seems like all the shitt happens in this forum. Maybe the "off topic discussion" needs to be eliminated......

I just hate that in todays society we have to cater to the one person that is offended. What about the folks that aren't offended?? Like the whole smoking thing. You go into a bar where everyone is smoking except that ONE person who is offended by the smoke. So now everyone has to quit smoking in the bar to accomodate that ONE person. What about all those people who enjoy smoking in that bar and love the smoke all around them?

What happened to "majority rule"??

i smell a revolt!

I often find it fun to argue on threads like the politics or religious one as when people are as small minded as some showed to be it can be a great feeling to throw back their whole narrow beleifs back at them in context to perhaps a greater world view... that combined with the fact i am always right... and while i may have been offended by the whole christians are better than you attitude, i would be just as happy arguing as not having the thread

i dont even know what i just wrote... but i wrote it so it must be right!

Considering that I use to be a mod myself on another forum group over a year ago (DON'T ASK), my opinions of Mod's rights are that they have power to delete what ever post or thread they feel like with out giving a reason or noticification.

You don't like it... post else where or start your own forum some where. No one is stopping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom