Why build your own?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, i just read this whole thread at work and it was making me lol.. and my coworkers were giving me weird looks.

but seriously.. I'm glad I didn't build my own computer. I would never be able to find a phenom triple core that has been touched by God. <clicks "buy it now">

Since this is OT I like how the mods are sporting the new name badges.

Wasn't the triple cores just failed quads?

The triple cores were just fail. Period. Probably one of the worst ideas I've seen in quite some time. Then again, the old Phenoms in general were kind of fail. Only now that the Phenom II has come out, can I finally say that AMD is catching up.

I like the tri-cores good niche between full out quad and dual core for maybe multipurpose htpcs I saw it being useful in. They are power hungry and poorly priced at launch though.

ya the tri cores were just phenoms that had a "bad" core in it, so they deactivated it and sold them as tri cores. but the tri's are in the e7200-7300 price range and are beaten by them. i think that is funny.

It was really funny. The tri-cores were just a big bundle of fail. I honestly think that AMD was drowning since AM2 until these PIIs came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom