Who's the most educated person in this forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah.. "Formal education" doesn't mean as much as long as you know stuff.. Everyone's watched "Good WIll Hunting"? :p... But you "do" need to establish what u mean by "educated"..

With respect to hardware, in what aspect?. Overclocking, trouble shooting, or design?..

The first two can have a lot to do with experience than knowledge.. For example, many people who are proficient overclockers might have absolutely no idea "why" raising the voltage stabilizes the system..

And obviously, for design, you probably need a PhD for that.. No matter how much you've "worked" with computers, it's impossible for you to design anything revolutionary, if you don't know the theory.. Any "computer saavy" high school kid can assemble a computer, but if someone tells them to design a CPU, he'll be like "Huh???!"..

And then we go into "educated" with respect to networking, OSs, programming, etc. etc.. Too many to count..

But yeah.. For overclocking and h/w issues and such, Nubius gets my vote.

Hardware design? no idea.. Any PhD's here that work for AMD or Intel? :p

Warez Monster has posted some interesting tid bits about Operating SYstems, and people like Southernlady seems to be knowledgable about spyware stuff..

And for networking I guess Mikesgroovin gets a lot of peoples votes, even though I can't say for myself since I don't usually go there :p, etc. etc.

There are also a lot of areas that are related to computers, that are not even discussed on these boards.. :p

For formal education, mike, you do have all those qualifications in your sig....

A+, Net+, iNET+, Sec+, HTI+ Residential, MOUS(2000, 2003), MCSE, MCSA, MCT, CNA, CCNA, CCDA, CCNP

And I wouldn't be surprised if you took the CCIE course, and in 3-5 years time (I think the course is that long) you add that into your sig.

Just for those qualifications I think you are probally one of the most educated. There may be others, but they don't show there face as much.

well, like i said before, most i learned from just reading and other learning paths. i didn't actually take a "formal instruction" for all of those classes to gain the certifications. just read and took the exams. the cisco exams were a little different. the ccie will come in time, but not one of my priorities. i want to be a full-time circus clown.

Thats often the best way to learn this stuff, reading and trying it out.College taught me that.Some folks have issues cracking open a manual or textbook,interpreting and using the info, and learning from it.Some can do it easily and willingly,some cant.In end with or without an instructor thats what it boils down to anyway.Ive found most of the certs I have relatively easy so far, they are plenty of guides available.Ive got mass documentation all over my apt, its a necessary evil especially with linux where you have absolutely no choice but to read and learn or you wont get anything done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom