Who's the most educated person in this forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is "Most Educated" means really little after your first IT Job. I learnt more in my first year in the IT Industry then what I learn in 3 years of collage.

However, going to collage still helps a lot.

Horndude takes the Linux prize, and Nubius is the all around overclocking guy here, and mikesgroovin is freaking ridiculous at networking from the little I have seen of him.

As far as education goes, I have no idea.

I take the off topic prize <-_->

How about some off topic, I made the default login for the win98SE school computers <-_-> today

bah you people are looking to much into 'most educated', being that it is a tech forums, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say they probably meant as far as the tech knowledge goes.

Nubius said:
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say they probably meant as far as the tech knowledge goes.
DITTO.
Like I remember going to collage, and for the first 1 and a 1/2 semesters, I was just sitting in class saying "Yup, I know this all ready."

Like it does not take much to once you have a passion for a subject field (such as computers) to actually gain the equivilant knowledge of a collage student that has completed his diploma.

The other problem that needs to be addresses is that computers is an extremely vast subject. There is so much to learn. So you really can not sum it all up that one person on TF (or anywhere) is the MOST KNOWLEDGEFUL on all of computers.

I think what matters most, as far as i can tell, is not so much that you can learn for a test, but whether or not you can learn something for a lifetime. In the technical degree programs here, it runs under the premise that if you're there to study that, the teachers are there just to cement your knowledge.

I can say that i have received quite an education just from being on this board, learning how to look at it another way.

this is the first that i have seen of this topic. it wouldn't be logical of me to ignore it and i'm sorry if it seemed so.
i must present a lot of respect for Nubius ... he knows his stuff for sure. there are many other people on here that post little but post intelligently. i have to say that i'm shocked that i was even mentioned. i wish that i could be around more to help out. i have been traveling a lot lately and, as of late, it seems that i may become a canadian citizen because of the travels. (crosses fingers)

as far as the topic goes. "educated" can be defined as formally instructed. i hardly find myslef as formally instructed as i learned everything i know from my father and books outside of the classroom. then again, what does "formally instructed" really present?

anyway, i know what you all mean and i wont want to keep out Emily. she is HIGHLY underrated...from what i see. there are some other names that i would like to present in time as an ego booster..... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom