Who's got a faster internet connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
guys, there is no point in competing against me. You CAN'T win, I'm invincible with my 2.5kbs average download rate. See, now bow before me as the supreme leader of this world.

ohh dude!, that must be annoying... i remember the dial-up days...it wasnt too far back actually. Maybe 2years ago lol!.

ohh dude!, that must be annoying... i remember the dial-up days...it wasnt too far back actually. Maybe 2years ago lol!.

I was on dialup on the dawn of ADSL here, 3-4 years ago. When I stuck a dialer I remember putting imediately a 384K line :D

awwwww i wish i had seen this forum before i left my dod job......we had an oc96.

Would love to have benched it.

"""OC-96 is a network line with transmission speeds of up to 4976.64 Mbit/s (payload: 4810.752 Mbit/s; overhead: 165.888 Mbit/s).""

awwwww i wish i had seen this forum before i left my dod job......we had an oc96.

Would love to have benched it.

"""OC-96 is a network line with transmission speeds of up to 4976.64 Mbit/s (payload: 4810.752 Mbit/s; overhead: 165.888 Mbit/s).""

Even with a less fast connection no server would give you such a bandwidth :p

Even with a less fast connection no server would give you such a bandwidth :p

thats what peer2peer and bit torrent is for lol.. Dont need a single server.....of course i would go to jail if i did that because it is a heavily classified government site.

thats what peer2peer and bit torrent is for lol.. Dont need a single server.....of course i would go to jail if i did that because it is a heavily classified government site.

Then no program would find so many seeders/peers to give you such a bandwidth especially if it was long before (with low bandwidth connections). I have a 24mbps and the fastest bandwidth I had was 22mbps (2.7mbytes/s) on a single torrent from a private tracker and I used about 70/400 seeders. Your files would be already downloaded before having reached the bandwidth limit in p2p and bittorrent networks :D That kind of connection would be nice if somebody else had it too and you were exchanging > 2GB files or if you had friends in japan, they have 100mbps & 1Gbps connections :D... Nevertheless it would always be sweet having such a connection :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom