Whoa.....Easy there Trigger! (Wal-Mart)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikesgroovin

HONK if you route packets
I was just down at the printer picking up something and ran across a listing that someone must have just printed. It was a listing of the top 100 retailers world wide. (I work for a major retail company) . Anyway, being the curious information sponge that I am, I picked it up to see where we were at. We weren't even close to the top ten .. but we sell a unique product.. so I wasn't surprised.... Anyway, enough rambling. This listing measured the top retailers, it seemed, based on the revenue generated in FY2007. Well, it wasn't the fact that Wal-Mart was number 1 that surprised me... is was by HOW MUCH! This is just ABSO-FREAKING-LUTELY ridiculous! Look at their leading FY2007 figures. Keep in mind that "some" of us... (everyone except wal-mart apparently) are in financial recession... Think twice before trekking to Wal-Mart. :(

I mean.... holy heck!

LOL

http://www.stores.org/pdf/08TOP100Chart.pdf

So we shouldn't go to walmart because they aren't suffering financially? Thats the best reason you could come up with for us to stay away? Its not the feces smeared across the walls in the bathrooms?

So we shouldn't go to walmart because they aren't suffering financially? Thats the best reason you could come up with for us to stay away? Its not the feces smeared across the walls in the bathrooms?

No, not because they aren't suffering. I'm merely saying that clearly, there is no room for "Franks hardware store" in their view.

This is a great movie that I'd recommend if you liked "Who Killed the Electric Car" or the like.
YouTube - WAL-MART: The High Cost of Low Price -- teaser trailer

Yeah, it is not Wal-Mart's fault we are in a recession. And besides, it only makes sense that Wal-Mart should be thriving because it offers the best prices for most things. So when people who normally would have shopped elsewhere (the upper class, upper middle sometimes) are now shopping at Wal-Mart to save money. And everyone else shops there because it is still the cheapest prices, which is something that is very valuable in a recession.

Those videos about Wal-Mart becoming some monopoly is just stupid. It will never happen. Our government restricts it. I applaud Wal-Mart!

Eh, there are no wal-marts near my house anyways. And i never have anything to buy when i go there either so its ok. Hello Doctor I.P.!

Yeah, it is not Wal-Mart's fault we are in a recession.

No one is saying that... in fact, nothing even close to that was said. Did you read the thread? I was just stating an observation about FY revenues. No one blamed them for a recession. :freak:

And besides, it only makes sense that Wal-Mart should be thriving because it offers the best prices for most things. So when people who normally would have shopped elsewhere (the upper class, upper middle sometimes) are now shopping at Wal-Mart to save money. And everyone else shops there because it is still the cheapest prices, which is something that is very valuable in a recession.

So, my company and I make t-shirts... and we sell to Wal-Mart to sell them for us. You don't think that Wal-Mart selling those t-shirts below what we want them sold for causes a problem? You just think that low prices are what they are? If you don't like watching TV, then perhaps reading???
http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/77/walmart.html

I'm not telling anyone what to do or what I think people should do ... I'm just stating an observation and then offering the suggestion to think twice... nothing more. No one in this forum is calling them a monopoly nor blaming them for a recession. You may think that videos calling Wal-Mart a monopoly are "stupid" and that's your opinion. And I think that posting in a thread that you don't read through before replying is stupid... that's is just my opinion.

It will never happen. Our government restricts it.

I'll leave that one alone... :laughing:

Eh, there are no wal-marts near my house anyways. And i never have anything to buy when i go there either so its ok. Hello Doctor I.P.!

I'm convinced that you live in Sylus's basement... :D Confirm/Deny? Hey j12!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom