Who wears contacts/glasses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wear glasses. My eyesight was 20/20 until I turned 12, then it went downhill...sharply.
Same here, except my eyesight wasn't 20/20. I remember putting my new glasses on and seeing clearly for the first time. I remember being able to see mountains that were otherwise invisible to me.

I don't know my eyesight off the top of my head, but I do know that I cannot function without my glasses or contacts in.

The only time I wear contacts now is when I'm shooting with my 35mm camera, a 5D or 1Ds MarkII. The viewfinders are so big, I can't see the corners with my eyeglasses on, ESPECIALLY with my Nikon 35mm.

When I was in high school, I wore my contacts for sports mostly.

Now you say you couldn't function without your glasses/contacts. Okay fine. However, how quick was the transition to get to that point? Like... year by year, are your eyes getting worse and worse? Or are they pretty much stabilized, except just at a nearsighted level?

Along with my last question, I have another one here.

When you say 20/60, what does that mean? Something about the amount of feet away that you can see something?

Is it something like, if I have 20/20, and you have 20/60, what I see at 60 feet you can see at 20 feet. Right? What's legally blind considered? 20/400 sticks out in my head....

i have overnight contracts that i wear for a month, i wear glasses maybe once a month and plan on getting lasic soon.

my eye sight doesn't seem to be deteriorating, if it is its deteriorating very slowly.

Now you say you couldn't function without your glasses/contacts. Okay fine. However, how quick was the transition to get to that point? Like... year by year, are your eyes getting worse and worse? Or are they pretty much stabilized, except just at a nearsighted level?

My eyesight went really bad really quick between 13 and 15 years old. I remember getting new lenses about once a year. It's seemed to have leveled out a bit now, but I just got new lenses not 2 months ago, and its' been 4 years since i've had new lenses.

hmammen, have you always been like that, or was there a turning point where you woke up and was like "oh crap, I can't see anymore!" And off to the eye doctor you went. Eh?

I can read. Probally slightly long slighted but never checked. My eyes are fine for reading and seeing distant number plates. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom