Who watches the Watchmen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
The Watchmen comes out tomorrow. I am going to catch a session after work? Any one else looking forward to this film?

I sort of have and have not been looking forward to this film. I do look forward to it as it's IMHO the best comic book ever written. However I do hope that they don't screw it up. And that is what I am fearing. I am interested in seeing how they are going to fill all that story into 2 3/4 hours.

Anyways, I will post what i think about it when i come back tomorrow night.

The only reason I would bother seeing it is to catch the new Terminator 4 trailer on the big screen. I don't think the long term box office earnings will be that much; initially it might do well to all of the graphic novel fans, but after the initial wave I don't see much of the general public caring.

It's not as accessible as a spiderman or batman film -- plus its rated R.

Looks interesting and done by the guy who did 300. So i think i would like it.

I know my cousin has been reading the graphic novel...and he's been "giddy" about the movie...so I may go see it to see what its like.

I didn't care much for the comics. I may watch it, but it won't be by paying $10 bucks for a ticket. I can wait and rent the DVD.

I got my ticket. I did not pay money for mine as my electricity company gave me some free movie vouchers just after christmas. It's just that there has not been any movies worth watching until now.

I am going to catch a session after work?

You watch a lot of movies KC... and you always use the above as your phrase for "I'm going to a showing" or "Going to the movies". LOL, I love it because it reminds me of what my friends and I did right after school and right before soccer practice. Of course, our "sessions" referred to smoking pot. :freak:

I saw a few previews for it and it looks pretty good. I don't have time for the movies though. Going to wait until its closer to its dvd release date to watch it

Just came back from watching the Watchmen. I am rather impressed on how they managed to compress all that story about to a 2 3/4 hour film. I did like how the director did re-create some of the frames form the comic book.

Jackie Earle Haley did an outstanding job at playing Rorschach. However there were some parts or chapters that did not come accross that well. There were some parts that would of playied out better if this was a TV mini series. The problem with the book is that different chapters read differently. Especialy the part that was exploring Dr. Manhattan's background. They tried to recreate how that was oringally written in the book out on the big screen. It really did not work out that well for a movie format. And it's because of that, I do feel that this movie will be lost of some viewers who have not read the book.

I am interested in seeing the uncut 3 1/2 hour version of this film later this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom