Who`s got subs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ehhh. i just got 2 12'' kicker cvr's in a box in the back of my 4runner.
there puttin out like 1600 watts. with a 2000 watt amp.
it slaps for sure tho. i think i may need a bigger box.
there in a 2.5 cubic box. i heard around 2 cubes per 12'' is good. so idk around 4?
its also a sealed box.
compared to my buddies ported box. i think sealed sounds wayy better.unless its liek a bandpass.lol

A single CVR is usualy dual voice coil, around 200 watts RMS per coil, 400 peak, so around 800 watts peak on each CVR. BTW, one thing you guys should notice, a 300watt kicker comp is a **** lot louder than a 1200 watt walmart sony sub, it isn't always the wattage that matters, the box layout, trunk/cabin space also will have an effect on your sound... As of right now I have two 12 inch Kicker CVX's in a sealed box with a 15inch L7 in a 3 cubic foot box in the bottom of my trunk where the spare tire was... I also have two, 2000 watt kicker amps, not sure of the specs of each one as I recieved them as a gift from a friend.

Of course, sony xplod amps are garbage.

I was looking at a kicker 700.1 amp...puts out a little over 900watts rms...looking
to pair it with a couple of 12" polk subs.

Its time to retire this POS mach 460 head unit in my car. First thing it did about a month ago was jam up when ejecting CD 6. Now every time I turn the car on I get harcore feedback through my subs until the stereo catches signal.

yea... the amp slides around a lot, causing the ground wire to get loose then BAM no sub lol. I dont rly get how I would bolt it down though... any advice on that?

I assume it's sitting on your trunk floor? If so you most likely have a dense cardboard-ish panel above your spare tire its sitting on. make sure your spare tire isn't underneath where you plan to screw it down.

Just find the narliest wood screws you can and screw them into the trunk floor (there are tabs on the ends of the amp to put screws through). But if the trunk is made out of something harder you may want to look into a thread pitch not quite as severe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom