who here hates their alergies???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: who here hates there alergies???

I'm somewhat allergic to pet dander. Stinks cause i like cats. Also allergic to most antibiotics. No food allergies, though. That must suck.

i heard that you can get over pet allergies by being around pets and then you just get used to it and your allergies go away.

but good luck with that.:eek:

Re: who here hates there alergies???

i heard that you can get over pet allergies by being around pets and then you just get used to it and your allergies go away.

We've pretty much always had pets when I was a kid so I don't think that was it. I used to get these terrible sinus infections and they stopped instantly when I moved to a pet-free environment. The allergies were pretty subtle but they've pretty much always been there.

I'm allergic to penicillin, too. One shot of that will probably kill me, I'm told.:eek:

I am also allerigic to penicillin, heck - it sucks...it only means theres tens of hundreds of diseases where i need some different (and much inferior) medicine to keep me alive. If i take penicillen, the muscles around my trachea contract and i promptly sufficate to death. They gave me it in hospital as a small child and i had to have an emergency operation to get a hole cut into my throat and a pipe shoved down :mad:

They did say that is a severe reaction because i had a very large dose of penicillin, maybe it wouldnt be so bad if i took less.

No allergies for me! Yay!

My bro HAD allergies, not sure if he still has them or not......
It started on CHRISTMAS DAY of all days when he was like 6 or 7.... it was a REALLY sad day, because he got Whooping Cough, and Christmas was the first day he was coughing. He was so sick that we all got up to open presents, and he started crying saying he wanted to go back to bed, so he did.... I mean seriously, you KNOW when a kid does that on christmas morning there is something severly wrong.... after that, he developed allergies (not sure exactly to what), but he had to go to a special allergist every so often (maybe once a week) to get a shot. He says that he is allergic to my cats, so he doesn't like to come to my place, yet he is fine with the cats at my parents house. I dunno...

Cats are worse than dogs for me. my old room mate had a cat that would irritate my allergies a bit. my mom has a small dog that doesn't affect me, though. Unless I'm staying over night, then the dog loves to jump onto the couch and sleep right next to my face. Woken up with stinging eyes and throat a few times from that,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom