Who else is a collector?

PopoChubbs

Casually Filthy
Couldn't decide where to put this, so Off-Topic it is.

My question is this: Is anyone else here that has collections to show? I've been slowly amassing a Diablo collection, but also have figures and merch from HotS, Skyrim, LoZ, LotR, and The Nightmare Before Christmas. Diablo is probably my biggest collection currently, and may remain as such, as Blizzard is good about a lot of the merch they put out (imo). There's also a few Warcraft figures too, but I'm somewhat particular about those, so that franchise won't spread very far. I'll try and post a picture when the rest of the stuff I ordered arrives and I can set it up nicely (at least nicely enough for pictures...I need more shelves).

That being said, if you guys have collections out there, post them! I'd love to see what you're into. Doesn't even have to be figures or whatever. If you've got a nice movie, game, franchise, or anything in a series or subject to show, I'd love to see them :)

Couldn't decide where to put this, so Off-Topic it is.

My question is this: Is anyone else here that has collections to show? I've been slowly amassing a Diablo collection, but also have figures and merch from HotS, Skyrim, LoZ, LotR, and The Nightmare Before Christmas. Diablo is probably my biggest collection currently, and may remain as such, as Blizzard is good about a lot of the merch they put out (imo). There's also a few Warcraft figures too, but I'm somewhat particular about those, so that franchise won't spread very far. I'll try and post a picture when the rest of the stuff I ordered arrives and I can set it up nicely (at least nicely enough for pictures...I need more shelves).

That being said, if you guys have collections out there, post them! I'd love to see what you're into. Doesn't even have to be figures or whatever. If you've got a nice movie, game, franchise, or anything in a series or subject to show, I'd love to see them :)

I SOOOOO misread "Diablo" on first glance. Damn near choked myself on the tea I was drinking.

I used to collect comic books, mainly Image and Marvel. That was quite a while back. I ended giving them to a friend's kid who was getting into it at the time. I want to cry when I look up the values of some of those issues now.

I have a nice digital collection in the area of about 48TB of crap. I also collect GPUs.

What kind of digital stuff is it? Anything in particular? More of some than another?

I SOOOOO misread "Diablo" on first glance. Damn near choked myself on the tea I was drinking.

I used to collect comic books, mainly Image and Marvel. That was quite a while back. I ended giving them to a friend's kid who was getting into it at the time. I want to cry when I look up the values of some of those issues now.

Ohhhh boy, if I'm thinking what you might've been thinking, I probably wouldn't have been so public about it, hahahaha! Man, I know how you feel about your comics though. I had some primo First Edition Pokemon and early early MtG cards, some were stolen, others lost. Seeing their value now...I cringe evertim.

What kind of digital stuff is it? Anything in particular? More of some than another?

Ohhhh boy, if I'm thinking what you might've been thinking, I probably wouldn't have been so public about it, hahahaha! Man, I know how you feel about your comics though. I had some primo First Edition Pokemon and early early MtG cards, some were stolen, others lost. Seeing their value now...I cringe evertim.
Games and media. 6TB full of games and a lot of old stuff I converted to ISO that really can't be found online anymore.

I collected energy drink cans for about 8 years, got some real strange ones in my collection at the end :p my favourite was a drink called "kickapoo" from singapore. Tasted ok actually, kinda like mountain dew :grin:
Ended up binning it along with like 90% of my other possessions when I split with my ex, kinda regret that now :/ but ah well.

By far the weirdest thing I collect though is screenshots when either a whole hour (e.g. 6:00am, 9pm, etc) or 4:20am/pm specifically happens to be on my phone when I open the screen :p no idea why, but I've done it for 10 years now. Needless to say, I have a folder with thousands and thousands of screenshots :grin:

What if he meant to say what you thought he said..? :)

I collect Anime related things... Specifically, Spice & Wolf... That stuff can get pretty expensive.

I enjoy collecting hardware. More so PC Tech. I have a cupboard full of it. I really need to sort threw it TBH.

i lately have been more focused on making a nice home such as furnishings, book shelves, nice TV and leather sofa and thats sort of thing.

I have a load of sata, IDE, laptop MoBos and server kit. Wires and cabling, CPUs coming out my back end in my storage boxes. I've also amassed a nice little book collection as I have installed a unit for books. Its kinda like a display unit with 8 foot by foot square boxes for my books and DVD digital collection as well. I have thus stopped collecting Digital Media as such as the torrent sites got hammered but sitting hear with about three too fouur thousand strong collection of digital media disks ranging from Film's Games, Music and Software.

Alot of it cant be found on line anymore so in the respect I'm just a hoarder.

I collected energy drink cans for about 8 years, got some real strange ones in my collection at the end :p my favourite was a drink called "kickapoo" from singapore. Tasted ok actually, kinda like mountain dew :grin:
Ended up binning it along with like 90% of my other possessions when I split with my ex, kinda regret that now :/ but ah well.

By far the weirdest thing I collect though is screenshots when either a whole hour (e.g. 6:00am, 9pm, etc) or 4:20am/pm specifically happens to be on my phone when I open the screen :p no idea why, but I've done it for 10 years now. Needless to say, I have a folder with thousands and thousands of screenshots :grin:

Kickapoo is definitely something I'd drink if it tasted like Mtn. Dew! Also, when you say "binning" do you mean you got rid of it? When I think of cans and binning, I would think recycled (Hi, I'm from America :lol:) But then you said along with 90% of your other possessions, so I began to think it's a term for just plain getting rid of stuff.

I enjoy collecting hardware. More so PC Tech. I have a cupboard full of it. I really need to sort threw it TBH.

i lately have been more focused on making a nice home such as furnishings, book shelves, nice TV and leather sofa and thats sort of thing.

I have a load of sata, IDE, laptop MoBos and server kit. Wires and cabling, CPUs coming out my back end in my storage boxes. I've also amassed a nice little book collection as I have installed a unit for books. Its kinda like a display unit with 8 foot by foot square boxes for my books and DVD digital collection as well. I have thus stopped collecting Digital Media as such as the torrent sites got hammered but sitting hear with about three too fouur thousand strong collection of digital media disks ranging from Film's Games, Music and Software.

Alot of it cant be found on line anymore so in the respect I'm just a hoarder.

Good to hear from you Spud! You know, I think that could kind of be said about any collector really. Hoarder is almost a derogatory term when it comes to that kind of thing given that it has such a correlation with people that can't walk around their houses or die under a pile of sh*t that fell over on them. I mean, I guess it could be said that the difference between hoarding and collecting is a refinement in what you own, but really, it all takes up space. To quote Skyrim: "Some may call this junk. Me? I call them treasures."

I used to have a fairly large vintage computer collection along with associated software. I decided it just took up too much room in the house so I got rid of it all. I had around 30 computers from the years 1979-1999. Mostly things like IBM PC, PCjr, XT, AT, Tandy, Compaq and the like. Most ran DOS, about half were old enough that they didn't even have hard drives in them.

About the only thing I collect nowadays are coffee mugs. Whenever I go on vacation or visit somewhere new, I buy a coffee mug as a souvenir.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom