Who can program?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The knowledge of math needed for programming, at least until you get REALLY in depth, is highly overrated.

Btw, keadonen, digging that sig. :D
But mine's better. :p

Spartan said:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The knowledge of math needed for programming, at least until you get REALLY in depth, is highly overrated.

Yeah. "Programming" itself doesn't require math - unless you count the basic stuff you learn in like first year of university. When you get into algorithms and proving various things in computer science theory, then well, you can go all the way high up to a PhD in math. :)

Depends on what your end goal is.. Working for a company? Basic math. Work in a university or a research lab in computational theory or research - PhD :D..

Well.. I am really generalizing here, but u get the point.

Ummm, in about 1992, I copied a BASIC program from a magazine to my C64, that played audio tapes through the c64 tape deck and out the tv speakers... Does that count?... Lemme guess, No?!

Chankama said:
Yeah. "Programming" itself doesn't require math - unless you count the basic stuff you learn in like first year of university. When you get into algorithms and proving various things in computer science theory, then well, you can go all the way high up to a PhD in math. :)

Depends on what your end goal is.. Working for a company? Basic math. Work in a university or a research lab in computational theory or research - PhD :D..

Well.. I am really generalizing here, but u get the point.

Chankama, don't you develop software, lol?? :D :p

BASIC .... I was programing in Basic when I was in primary school.
I know a little bit of PASCAL.

Spartan said:
Btw, keadonen, digging that sig. :D
But mine's better. :p

You know it. That took me hours of photoshoping with precision mouse techniques - Want me to teach you? :cool:

Chankama said:
Yes! yes I do :D..
Such a waste of my math talents.. :p..

j/k :p..

Sry this is off topic buttttttttt.

Chankama whenever i see you post or something i always see you being goku - if you were to knock on my door id have goku standing there. :p

C: 10 - College - Little different than ++ but so easy
C++: 9 - College - Second favourite language
Java: 9 - College - Favourite language
Turing: 8 - High-School
Perl: 7 - College
VB: 4 - High-School & College
Python: 2 - College
Cobol: 6 - College
Brainf**k: 2 - Time well wasted

I actually taught myself a few things from brainf**k lol. Obviously the worst language ever but that's why I love it :p.

Most of the others I have learned in school. Finishing my second last semester now and then going on to 3D Game Design. Bit of a change of pace!

Im in Visual Basic in school, and well, I have a "B" in it, so i guess like a 2 or 3. Either way, it makes me want to cry every time I open the program... Freakin If Then Statements, Over and Over and OVer again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom