Who can program?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm... 6/10 with bash
And ... 2/10 with python
And ... 2/10 with C

That's about it.

Oh, and 10/10 with Quake 3-based game scripting. ;) I learned a bit of python, because I use python scripts to generate quake3 scripts sometimes.

teh suck~3. i wrote this to write all of your musicz in a directory to a .txt file. it alphabatizes them if they're all in the same directory, but if there's subfolders it won't alphabatize. dunno why, don't really care. that's all i've ever done and probably ever will do:

@echo off
del list.txt /q
dir ( *.mp3, *.m4a, *.aac, *.wmv ) /a:-d /b /s> list.txt
echo.
echo If it says it could not find list.txt above don't worry.
echo The list.txt file is (re)created in any folder you run
echo this file in. It will list all music files in the folder.
echo When you press a key the file will open and this window
echo will close.
echo.
pause
start list.txt
you just save as a .txt file then rename and make it a .bat file and put it in the directory with your music and run it.

it's kinda versatile i guess...you can change the filetypes to anything you want to get a list of them. so if you want to list all of the .dll's in a huge directory, this'll do it.

m3trj said:
I don't think scripting languages count.

Why not?

Here's a python script I wrote to generate a pointless quake 3 fov effect:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/python
x = 159
y = 0
z = 1
n = 110
while n <= 160: #and y <=140 and z <=141:
	print "set d" + str(y) + " \"cg_fov " + str(n) + "; wait; wait; vstr d" + str(z) + "\""
	n = n+1
	y = y+1
	z = z+1
while x >= 110: #and y <=140 and z <=141:
	print "set d" + str(y) + " \"cg_fov " + str(x) + "; wait; wait; vstr d" + str(z) + "\""
 	x = x-1
	y = y+1
	z = z+1

Hmm...I love programming.

Would honestly say around 7.5/10 with both Java and C++. Still going WAY up though. Currently learning Maya so that takes some of my time away...and oh yeah, school. :D

I know some BASIC, a little bit of Scheme, and I tried learning LUA.

I just dabbled in some random languages, found out I didn't like it, so quit. I suck at math, so I am just not cut out for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom