who all is sick of this freakin heat??

i am and its freaking 96 outside and my windo ac is barely keeping up it says 77 on it and this room is closed off and windows sealed, extra window coverings..... arrrg....

Ft3rS.png

im so sick of this damn heat. people in the pac-nw don't know how lucky they are to never have to endure this crap. so if you live in the pacnw and complain about your upper 70s and lower 80s being hot take a look at us baking in 100 deg heat......

wish i cna move over there but its too expensive....

I think it's been even hotter here in Iowa. :( The first time it's supposed to go under 90 degrees as the high is... next Monday, as in, July 9th.

Max day temperature for next 4 days or so is 62f.. jealous, remixed ? :D

A few days ago it was 80f and very humid I really don't like it. No houses have AC over here either so on the rare occasion it is 85, 90f for a few days (Probably only 5 to 10 days a year, to be fair) we just have to deal with it tough ****.

Max day temperature for next 4 days or so is 62f.. jealous, remixed ? :D

A few days ago it was 80f and very humid I really don't like it. No houses have AC over here either so on the rare occasion it is 85, 90f for a few days (Probably only 5 to 10 days a year, to be fair) we just have to deal with it tough ****.
If that was the case then I would head to Walmart, buy a window unit, use it till the temp dropped, return it.

If that was the case then I would head to Walmart, buy a window unit, use it till the temp dropped, return it.

Window units don't work here because our windows open outwards like a door, which makes it pointless having an AC pipe out the window because warm air outside just blows back in.

Besides, we don't have wal-mart, and I can't think of any retail store that sells them. If you want AC over here you basically have to order a wall unit which needs professionally fitting unless you know what your doing, so you couldn't just buy one and return it. Not to mention you are looking at the best part of £1000 for a decent unit and installation.

Window units don't work here because our windows open outwards like a door, which makes it pointless having an AC pipe out the window because warm air outside just blows back in.

Besides, we don't have wal-mart, and I can't think of any retail store that sells them. If you want AC over here you basically have to order a wall unit which needs professionally fitting unless you know what your doing, so you couldn't just buy one and return it. Not to mention you are looking at the best part of £1000 for a decent unit and installation.
Well I was speaking of over here. You can get a 5000btu window unit for about 100 bucks here. If there was only a few days of extreme heat I would do the same thing every year lol.

I could fit a unit in your window but it wouldn't be worth it for only a few days.

I sure am sick of the heat. We have already been through a week of 95-105 and it looks like we have at least another week to go.
I'm a bit worried about my grandparents, they haven't had power for a few days.
View attachment 5319

Attachments

• temp.jpg
    temp.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 35
Last week Lexington Kentucky was the second hottest city on earth for that day, that was prior to factoring in the heat index. We are seeing stuff that was seen in the 30's and 40's.

On top of that, electrical bills here, outside of cities, tends to skyrocket when you turn on anything, and my AC unit sounds like it wants to blow up mid-day because it is saturated with heat.

Back
Top Bottom