whiskey from peepee

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, I know your trying to be funny and get a rise out of some people, but that is utterly wrong and disturbing.
Anybody who has diabetes would find your post highly offensive and would probably flame you here or doing it in pm.

Any moderator that sees this please shut this down to prevent any further problems or comments leading to a flamewar.

Let me ask how this is offensive? It is done by a person with Diabetes. Did you even bother to read the article itself or just see the title and think "Wow this would upset someone!". I read the article and i think that the person doing it has a decent idea. It was done by volunteers including the person's Grandmother. I fail to see how people could find it offensive. Yeah it is kinda strange thinking that people would drink alcohol created from urine, but with shows like "Man vs wild" on Discovery Channel which show people drinking their own urine to live i dont understand why this is so offensive.

Before you go off, yes i know several people with Diabetes. My Grandfather had it his entire life. I know several others that struggle with it daily. Not a single one of them have told me they find it offensive in any way. (Several people linked me to this article previously) The person is just being resourceful. It is just like people making Moonshine during Prohibition.

This topic is not about anyone with Diabetes nor is it anything about anything to do with their condition. It has everything to do with someone taking the time and the thought to think outside the box and figure out different ways to use Diabetes to their advantage.

So can you enlighten me as to how this is so offensive? Cause i dont understand that part.

I'm not gonna go off, but did you read that article closely enough thats why I posted what I did.
Sure, some people may find it funny here, but not for others who have any type of diabetes I sure don't find it amusing.
Let me ask you something if I had done the exact samething but used a cancer related link, how long do you think it would take for someone or a number of people to find my little funny post highly offensive ?

Read:

What made Gilpin decide to try this? Being a diabetic himself, he was fairly familiar with the condition and the resulting effect on the body. Large amounts of sugar are excreted by type-two diabetic patients on a daily basis, and this is especially true of elderly patients, so Gilpin decided that letting all that sugar go to waste was just, well, wasteful.

"Large amounts of sugar are excreted on a daily basis by type-two diabetic patients especially amongst the upper end of our aging population. Is it plausible to suggest that we start utilizing our water purification systems in order to harvest the biological resources that our elderly already process in abundance?" Gilpin asks on the Design Interactions 2010 graduates website.

Wired UK reports that the urine was acquired from a group of volunteers, including Gilpin's own grandmother, and then purified the same way mains water is purified.

I'm with Mak on this one, I fail to see how this is so offensive. It was posted on MANY different, very popular, family friendly sites:
Google
how is not ok to link to it here?

Yes i did read the article. Coming from a family history where Diabetes is present, i have more of a chance to get it myself than many here and yet i dont find it offensive at all. People see the topic title and the link title and think it is disgusting and that is it.

You are looking at this from such the wrong point of view. My goodness man. It is NOT about the disease nor is it about the disadvantage of the disease. Cancer is a totally different subject matter. So yeah that would be taken down cause more people die from Cancer than anything else in the world. More than car accident, drunk driving or anything COMBINED. So no your example doesnt hold water to what your trying to argue.

You only look at it from the stand point that it is a disease. You do not look any futher than that. You didnt even think about the stuff i posted above. You just saw it contained a disease and right away screamed about it being offensive. Considering i have had people with Diabetes tell me that they didnt find it offensive holds more water than you trying to tell me it is when you dont have it.

What is offensive about what was in the article? It is scientific FACT about what was said. They do excrete more sugar. How is that offensive? The guy decided to put it to use since Sugar is one of the main things used to make alcohol. Yet another fact. So how is what you quoted anything other than what you would find on the web or anything you would hear from a doctor? It isnt. How is stating true facts offensive?

I find nothing funny about it. Where do you see anyone posting the :lol: emoticon or posting up LOL or anything of that matter? Where do you see any comments about anything other than what we have said? You dont! You ASSUME that is what is going to be posted. You ASSUME that people are going to laugh about it.

Not a single person said anything about it being funny until YOU said it. I find it funny that you think people with Diabetes will find it offensive when i have talked to several and they think it is great. They love the idea and have started to try and find things that they can do. Strange how such an article that you think is so offensive is actually sparking people with Diabetes to try and see what they can do to better themselves and be proactive about the disease. Trying to help educate others and show that even though they have Diabetes they can still do everything just like anyone else can.

So instead of jumping the gun saying that people are going to laugh at it and draw their attention to that fact so they do laugh at it, bring up the positive facts. Keep the topic from going that way instead of trying to say that is the way it will automatically go.

Alright, end of discussion, all I am saying is I don't want any problems to arise out of this topic further than what I am seing in the next couple of replies of other people.
Some people like stuff like this, people like me don't.

for your info.. most of my fam is diabetic, i am borderline high risk... and i still thought it was kind of funny\nuts.

and how is me posting this offensive? maybe you should get mad at tomshardware lol. All i said is that i dont wanna drink whiskey from peepee!

Even if it was non-diabetic peepee i still wouldnt wanna drink it

you guys are nuts. i guess i will resume my vacation from this site

naw im not.. i am just messing.

I dont really give a @%$@ what anybody thinks because this is an off-topic forum... and this is off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom