• all

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • host

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, I think it's also true that generally more men are into IT to start with then women. I think it would be fair to say more men are into plumbing and construction as well - of course that doesn't mean women can't get into these jobs, just that more men seem to then women. Even in my first semester of computer programming I'd say maybe 10% of students were women, at most.

I understand there are organizations that put on presentations and provide information to encourage young women in highschool to look at IT.

(edited because I mis-typed something)

Out where I am, I get to talk to the people coming infor interviews...and in the past 2 years of working here, I have seen 3 females come in for interviews. and a LOT of males...and a couple of questionables (im jk :p)

I think it would be healthy if there was an increase in females in the industry.

That always leads me to wonder - and I'm not trying to be argumentative or anything - but why would it be healthy for more women to be in IT?

I'm not saying they shouldn't be, or that it would be unhealthy, and I certainly think young women should be made aware that it is an option for them too, however I think some feminists etc. push the subject and I'm not sure why.

I mean, I certainly wish there were more geeky women to talk to, but c'est la vie :)

women balance out the work place. They bring something other then testosterone to the table. And they tend to smell better then us men do.
Women have a differnt way of thinking that in times can be key to helping solve a problem. Men, for the most part work the same way. We may differ on the surface, but our thoughts work about the same. Women can help to shift that and bring a new light to the table.
well, atleast that is my opinion...from what I have seen and done

Ken Masters said:
I was just thinking about that today. What do girls do if they don't like computers, comics, video games? I mean what else is there to do in life. JK. ;)

That sounds dangerously close to my Ex-GF there (who has a hormone imbalance)

In my experence, I find that women are better in software roles where men are better in hardware roles.

Silesia said:
In my experence, I find that women are better in software roles where men are better in hardware roles.

True, the only women i've known in IT were programmers. I've never seen a girl who liked hardware.

Most women in the computer industry it is just a job to them (according to the original article that starting this discussion), they work to get money so they can shop.

In a business/professional sense men and women are just the same to me, I have respect for anyone with skills or knowledge!

But do you have more respect, or does it make you want to hire somebody that has a love for computers/hardware?

Because apparently it is just a job to women, whereas if a male really loves computers there will be more chance of him working overtime without complaints.

What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom