When a trailer goes wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol..
well i don't think its the trailer's fault.. i think the movie just has that one mini plot and its probably stretched for the whole movie.

wow, i see what you mean. Girls go spelunking, Girls get lost and trapped, Girls go wild "lol", Girls meet scarey things, Girls Die.... GO see the movie to see the end.

Wow... Let me guess... at least one girl makes it out alive? With a sequel?

Ahhh man! I was hoping this thread would be about a REAL trailer, like one that fell off the hitch or something.

lphoto1.jpg

Wow....

The only positive things that I see coming out of this movie being released are the following:

1) It will be 1.5 hours or less. I mean, how much can actually happen when a group of women are stuck somewhere? (Same thing with Phone Booth.....the phone rings, dude answers, cops come, roll credits. How much more could really take place at a phone booth with someone watching??) hehe

2) If there is a GOOD movie that I want to see that is out at the same time, there is a 65% chance that "The Descent" will distract those that love to yell, throw popcorn and talk on their cell phones during a movie. Therefore, I may be able to enjoy a movie for once instead of trying to strategically choose a time when the above mentioned are usually somewhere else.

3) This movie is already getting hype from TOO many sources to not already be widening the eyes of it's producers....so, the sequel called "The Ascent" will likely happen in a year .... so you can count my #1 and #2 reasons as #4 and #5 for the sequel.

Edit: I will give it one good point though....The scene in the preview where a light is panned by one of the "Lucky Ladies" and you see someone else in the viewing area.....that ALWAYS gives me goosebumps. Of course it's been done since horror films were first being made but, I still enjoy that feeling. Kinda like the scene in one of the first few episodes of Twin Peaks when Laura Palmer's mom is remembering back when she looked in her room for Laura and never saw her but saw "Bob" peeking our from her bed frame.....

If you think trailers are bad for spoiling movies. How about movie covers. I rented out the movie HIGH TENSION. Again, this is another slasher fest as you have this stranger coming in the middle of the night as start killing everyone on the house.

The movie DVD cover give away the entire last 15 minutes of the film. Which also contained the plot twist.

Looked like a regular movie trailer to me. Showed some action scenes that happen in the movie when they are trapped in the cave. So what if they are trapped in a cave the whole movie. Manyhorror films are of a group of people trapped in some scary house or in the forest or desert. I don't see how the trailer gives the movie away and I don't see how you can judge it as a bad movie.

To me it looks kinda good actually. Not many good horror films are coming out anymore (last good one was hills have eyes). I think it will be interesting to see how a bunch of women make it out of a haunted cave alive :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom