When fixing a computer what makes you....

Status
Not open for further replies.
My ex-house mate's computer.
He surf the net for Free Pr0n using IE and no anti virus software.

Towards the end, I just gave him the Win Xp CD telling him "Let me know if you still have a problem after you format and install."

breaking a fan then breaking another one and they are exspensive. or asking your friend to click on one thing and they go which one this one? and click on the wrong thing grrr.

Whenever I forget to do the simplest little things annoys me. When I was building the comp in my sig, I had to pull it out, and open it up cause I forgot to do the following:

1. Connect a molex connector to my 120GB HD.
2. Connect a molex connector to my 6600GT.

I just get so excited, I forget, I guess.

What makes me mad, is when my iBook looses its feet... I've had to buy like, 4 sets of iBook replacement feet because they keep coming off.

And back when I used Mac desktops... I always hated it when the internal batteries died. Either the screen would just go black, or the date would be all screwed up. Then I'd have to go in and replace the battery. That's really not that big of deal though, right? Wrong. Around here, nobody even sells those kind of batteries, so I had to order one everytime one went out. So, for a 2 dollar battery, I'd have to pay 10 dollars just to have it shipped...:mad:

Another thing is when I would install a vid card or something for a friend. I'd install the software first, set the computer to use the new settings and everything, shut it off, install the part, plug in the monitor and then it doesn't read the new hardware... That just makes me so gosh darn angry!:p

Mac_Mogul i would like to know where you get those feet at for the ibook i loose them to and i dont have feet no more.

what gets me mad the most, is when i sell a part on ebay.. and after i get a payment for it, i realize that there is a problem with the part.

Through all of my years, i always get a little sweaty when i have to put on a heatsink, where the clips require a screwdriver. a long time ago i was putting on a sink, i had the screwdriver in the little slot that is there. The slot was small as hell, of course the driver slipped off and slashed like 100 traces on the board. Ever since then, i hate having to use screwdrivers on retention clips

modems, I freaking hate installing modems! They won't install properly then they are set to the wrong com port, or can't get dial tone, or there is a driver conflict, gah! Just wanna chuck em in the air and blas em with a shotgun.

daappleby said:
modems, I freaking hate installing modems! They won't install properly then they are set to the wrong com port, or can't get dial tone, or there is a driver conflict, gah! Just wanna chuck em in the air and blas em with a shotgun.
My boss insist that i check modems out all the time. I normally given them 2 attempt on finding the correct driver, and then I toss them as they are not worth my time.

The other thing that shits me is the OVER THE SHOULDER SOFTWARE SUPPORT ROLE.
It's when you have some one (usually some one related to you) having a problem with Windows or some other program. They ask you to fix it, but they will not give you the computer. They expect you to give them the instuctions on what they need to do. It normally makes a 30 second job take about 5 minutes.

And just to aggrivate me even more, the person you start helping starts doing their own thing thinking that they suddenly know how fix what ever the problem is.
By this stage, I get the shits and tell them "Give me that keyboard and mouse will you"

Fixing someone elses computer is always the worst.

I hate it when it seems like the computer is freaking ignoring anything I do and refuses to respond.

Also bugs me how when I build a computer, I don't feel anything happening yet when I'm done I noticed my hands are all scratched to hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom