When does this q2 end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

veg1992

Golden Master
When does this q2 end? is it like in august? cuz i get a new system then and i hope for price drops...

I can't say for certain, but I would suspect the end of Q2 to be the end of June, beginngin of Q3 to be beginning of July....

Q1: Jan-Mar
Q2: Apr-Jun
Q3: Jul-Sep
Q4: Oct-Dec

This is the yearly breakdown, but I don't know if the computer industry uses the same criteria, because I don't generally watch hardware releases like a hawk... I am content with what I have, and my wallet won't let me upgrade right now.

ok thanks that helps a lot, i wanted to know cuz i'm getting a pc in august.. so i thought the quarter wouldn't end then... so its all good (i heart cheap thing) :)

ok thanks that helps a lot, i wanted to know cuz i'm getting a pc in august.. so i thought the quarter wouldn't end then... so its all good (i heart cheap thing) :)

Computers are always plummeting in price... they are outdated the very next day. Those who wait for the price to drop (overall), are those without an enjoyable computer. :p But this doesn't apply to you, 'cause you're getting one in August (congrats!).

Q1: Jan-Mar
Q2: Apr-Jun
Q3: Jul-Sep
Q4: Oct-Dec
However only use this for a guide for when price drops are going to happen. My experiences with componant price drops are as follows

AMD CPU Price Drops :- Typically Beginning of Feb, Apr, July, Oct
Intel CPU Price Drops :- Typically End Of Feb, Apr, July, Oct
Please not that I am using the word Typically which means that these are subjected to change from time to time.

Nothing really happens during January as the world is recovering from Christmas, and they are normally waiting for chinese new year when asia releases a lot of new technology.

Good time to pick up a new notebook computer is normally at the end of each quarte, which the expection of December.

GPUs....... can not say as I normally don't pay too much attension there.

Memory Prices....... never. You either get it cheap, or you get it expensive. It's up and down like a yo yo.

Best time to pick up a digital camera is September as just about all the companies bring out a tonne new models for the christmas season. Best time for purchasing a Sony Digital Camera is from October to Mid January as they normally have their prices reduced by 10% for the christmas season.

Best time to get a new computer system... after October CPU price drop leading up to christmas. Otherwise, around chinese new year. Personally i am in favor of chinese new year because you get to see the new technology coming out, and you might be able to save a bit on a resently discontinued motherboard (or other parts). Please note that resently discontinued does not mean out of date.

actually i'm waiting for the quad core q6600 to drop to 266$ thats why i'm waiting, plus its my 15 year old birthday present

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom