When can I drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If by "read the handbook" you mean skim it for 5 minutes, yes.

Test is easy as long as you're not a complete dumb@**

I first drove when I was about 8 but that was just a one off in my dads jag down a local field whos owner we knew, got my provisional at 17 and passed 2 weeks after I was 18 took about 4 months of learning 23 hours actually driving the car + a pass plus which was 6 hours. The written exam if its the same as the UK is a streak of **** Its mainly commonsense with a couple of curve balls every now and then I passed first time (only just I was borderline) with only revising half an hour before. Actually driving is quite simple but its an experience thing imo it needs to become second nature rather then something you logically think about so you need to spend as much time in the car as possible. I still stall occasionally either because I am thinking too much or try to go to quickly. Don't feel embarassed about screwing up (unless its stalling 26 times on a busy roundabout like a learner did this morning quite frustrating but the comical part was after the 20th time he started banging his head on the steering wheel) everyone has been a learner and screwed up so no-one is particularly bothered if you do stall or don't get in the right road position and thinking they do just adds pressure that you don't need.

I just found out that I can get my permit when I am 15 i thought it was when i turned 16. I am turning 16 in 12 days. Can I take the Instruction Permit & Driver License test on the same month or do I have to wait?

Yeah I had time today to checking the site. I just saw that I can take the permit test when I turn 15. But I want to know If I can take the the driving test some weeks after I get my permit? I don't want to wait.

EDIT: need to have the permit for 6 months before getting the license. Do I need to get a VOE if I am just taking the permit test?

Is the test easy? Do I just read the Handbook?
You would want to read the hand book before taking the test.

Check if your government traffic company has the test online. Just practice that for a day. That how i passed my basic knowledge test for driving.

I want to get my permit tomorrow but I started reading the first 20 pages and there isn't anything related to the test. Any one know what chapters I need to read for the rules, signs, and vision test.

Read everything...plain and simple. Stop trying to take the easy way out.

Most of it is common sense anyways, i passed it without reading it.

Just signs and Traffic Laws.. a lot of number questions are there like..

What is the typical speed in a school zone?

Traffic Laws are generally tougher, Signs most people never fail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom