What's your work schedule like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethereal_Dragon

Fully Optimized
Just wondering, cause I am bored at work.... what are the longest hours you have ever put in at work?

Back 2 years ago, we did MANDATORY 10 hour days for about 4 or 5 months... There was a strike for a week, and we had a large portion of the company on the picket line... at that time, I did seven 12 hour days in a row....

Fast-forward... to present time... I now work the best schedule ever.... Friday-Monday 13:00 - 00:00. No more waking up early, and the 3rd shift has ALOT more OT available than the regular 1st shift hours....

On the 10th, I had a 13 hour day....
On the 13th, I had a 13 hour day....
On the 17th, I had an 18.5 hour day.... started at 10:00 for short training, and stayed until 05:30 the following morning...!!
On the 18th, my internal clock got messed up, and I arrived to work an hour early without realizing it, so I did an 11 hour day.
On the 20th I had an 11 hour day
On the 24th I had an 14 hour day... stayed till 3am, no lunch break...

This is in addition to the 15-17 hours I work on 2 of my 3 "off" days at a part time job... I am starting to think I work too much.... And the funniest part (well, not for me) is that I am STILL broke... I need to cut my lady off from the money... lol... she spends it almost faster than I make it).

I don't really work long hours, it's normal. I go 8 am - 5 pm (tuesday-friday) then on Tues & Wednesday I have college classes from 5:30 -10. So I don't stop from 6:30 till about 10:30.

The other days, I have class until 7.

Work sunday, monday, tuesday and every other saturday

6:00PM till 6:30AM

Off Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and every other saturday.

12.5 hrs/day at work. I live about 45 min from work and get there about 15 min early.

My "off" days are spent with my 2-year old. Those of you with kids will know a day off with a two-year old is no day off! :)

i actually just got a job today finally
and i have school on the weekdays from 8 am to 3 pm and then i work every day this week from 4-11 except for monday and thursday

Hercules, that sounds like an awesome schedule... if they had a 12 hour shift here, I would jump on it... I have a 45 min ride down the toll way, but it is $1.50 each way, so I take a different way, and it takes about 55-60 minutes, and is free. Anything past 8 hours in a day, up to about 14-15 makes no difference to me... it is around the 16-17 hour mark that things start getting wierd.... nodding off a little, and just spacing out... lol.

Mine's been 11am-7pm Tuesday-Saturday but is going to be 2pm-10pm starting on this Tuesday because of staffing shortages. My manager is incompetent at hiring new people.

So I have that plus school. 3 of my 4 classes are online this semester because I'm searching for a new job and I don't know what my hours will be like. My one "normal" class is on Mondays (my day off) from 6-9pm. So not much free time.

School starts for me in four days so thats 6:50am to around 3:30pm and then I will work around 4 hours for about 3 to 4 days a week.

500-ish a month.. Makes me happy :].

I used to work 12's, but that was a long time ago.

I work 9's for the most part, 7:30am-4:30pm. I can go in an hour early, but I usually don't. We will go to 10's if need be to make the orders, and we will go to 8's if things get light. Lately we've been work 8 on Saturdays, as well. My main gripe is the heat.

Mon to Fri - 9:30 am to 6:30pm with 1/2 hour for lunch
Sat - 9:30 am to 4:30 pm with 1/2 hour for lunch.

However my boss lets me get away with a lot of stuff at work.

Old job was easy 8hr shifts for the most part, but with my new job I get to find out tomorrow :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom