What's wrong with people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, I can get drugs from at least a dozen kids at school (but of course I don't do them).

Banning guns won't have a significant impact on criminals. Yes, less criminals will have guns, but then without guns in the public there will be more criminals. Because a decent amount of Amercians have guns in their home, there is less burglaries to population then Canada or the UK. I mean if I was a burglarer I would feel safer knowing that a household would not have a gun.

There is no way your going to see a gun-less America. Afterall the right to bear arms is what made the revolution won; the basic princple during the first years of the US was that civilians would have weapons to keep the government in check. Sovereignty lies to the people, and if the government infringes on that it's the right of the people to abolish and restore the government.

Hunting too would have to be sacrificed for a gun ban and that won't happen. Hunters keep the deer population in check (ie deer season) as deer have huge problems with over population. And having government licensed hunters would cost tax dollars to pay; so kill two birds with one stone (make hunters happy and keep animal population under control).

Shumway said:
If you outlaw gun's then only outlaw's will have gun's :D

Sorry, Shumway, but people just refuse to see it that way. -_-

It's a really simple concept..yet people just don't get it. Not to mention that if they get rid of the right to bear arms...then what else will they get rid of? Americas is very close to losing it's greatness, but anyway.

It is so sad that it happened at Dawson. It is just such a happy place where everyone is so nice to each other generally speaking.

When a guy in my class got a phone call and said that someone got shot in the atrium I didn't even understand that someone was on a rampage. I thought there was a fight and someone took out a gun, and shot at who he was fighting with. But then a woman came to our class all frantically saying " YOU HAVE TO EVACUATE THE BUILDING, SOMEONE IS SHOOTING IN THE SCHOOL" At that moment I was never so fearful before in my life. I had chills and goosebumpbs everywhere, and every corner I turned on my way out I thought I would find myself face to face with that nut. Fortunately I made it out without hearing any gunshots or seeing fallen victims.

Unfortunately though a girl I knew since grade 8 was gunned down. May she R.I.P.

http://www.legacy.com/CAN-Montreal/Obituaries.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonID=19212332

:(

MrCoffee said:
... that doesn't change the fact that it does actually work.

Total UK Handgun offences 2004/2005 = 4,347 (aroud 0.007% of population)

US handgun violent crime 2 incidents per 1000 population so at an estimate about 600,000. (0.2% of population)

A striking difference you'll agree.

Facts and statistics can often be misconstrued. When looking up the statistics, the handgun crimes are really lower in the UK than in the US. However, since the ban in 1998, over 50% of home burglaries happen when someone is home while it's only 13% in the US (Beefcake stated it). If you talk about non-handgun violent crime, then the UK is a little over 2 times that in the US (Canada is almost 3 times). And the mugging capital of the world is now London which has about 6 times more muggings than New York City. So did the ban actually benefit? You may want to look at the overall numbers of incidents since the '98 ban of guns. Also, statistics show that there are more police carrying firearms in the UK than there ever has been in the past (if that means anything about crime).

BTW, I didn't perceive this as a political thread. Hence it was not closed, nor did it disappear. If everyone thinks this is political, and my perception is incorrect, I'll get rid of this one. It has been a nice debate, though it really hijacked from what happened.

My condolences go to those at the school and the families.

Dave :D

But still, I am not a criminal, I have no intentions to kill someone (unless you eat loud, look out! :p) and thus I have not done anything wrong. Why should I be punished for not doing something wrong? I want to have a gun! They are fun to shoot. What's next? Serial killer uses a baseball bat! OUTLAW BASEBALL BATS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom