What's wrong with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

M4A1

Daemon Poster
Alright, just curious but...

Lately, I think Im being paranoid about certain things. Lets say I'm the only person left in my house, and I cook something or use the gas in any way - then I leave to go outside. As I am backing out of my driveway, I start thinking "Did I turn off all the gas?" etc etc even though I checked it 2-3 times already. Then I drive down my street, and I can't take it anymore, so I end up DRIVING BACK to my house to see. Everything is fine, and has been fine for all the extra times I've checked.

Also, just recently (like 2 minutes ago), I started to try to fall asleep and I woke up thinking I left the refrigerator door open (because I just got something to eat) -- even as stupid as that sounds because if the door was open, I'd see the light as I would leave the kitchen.
(This is the first time this has happened)

Why am I paranoid? Stressed?

(I'm not going to go see a therapist, I don't think it's that necessary - it's only the first thing really)

I don't take drugs :p I don't think I need them, either :p

I've only developed this habit once my freshman year in college started. I don't know - I think I've heard many stories in the news about houses being burned down because of people not knowing when to turn the gass off, etc... so with that in mind, I guess Im being too cautious cause I still want a place to live.

1-buy electric everything and stop all gas to your house
2-stop doing drugs
3-stop watching the news, it makes anybody paranoid
4-its normal when you live by yourself. You tend to get paranoid about things. I live pretty much on my own cept like 3 hours before i go to bed. I have the same problem sometimes and its just natural. Youll get over it.

5- Listen to some Gorillaz CD.
Actually... don't. It's prolly going to make things worst.
6- Get some home and contents insurance for just incase you set fire to the joint (or you need some money fast)
7- Get off the meds or drugs that you are taking.

P.P. Mguire said:
4-its normal when you live by yourself. You tend to get paranoid about things. I live pretty much on my own cept like 3 hours before i go to bed. I have the same problem sometimes and its just natural. Youll get over it.
Ditto. Like I am living just by myself for the first time too as of 2 weeks ago.
Mind you, this is the not the first time I moved out from my parents. I got over the paraniod part about 30 minutes after i moved in.

Or it could be that you have OCD. Obsesive Compulsive Disorder. I'm no expert on it, but my girlfriend is busy with her Doctor's Degree in Pshycology, and she said that is the most obvious diagnosis.

Hah! I'm not taking drugs!

See, just now I made some green tea and I turned off the gas, but didn't think twice about it. I'm fine now. It's ONLY when I leave the house.

My dad does the same thing too, only when we go on vacations though (gets out of the car when he's sitting in it in the driveway - ready to go - and goes back up and check).

nitestick said:
maybe since you've been at college you've just developed a tendency to second guess yourself

I guess that could be it too, am I thinking wayy too hard? When I'm not doing something important, I'm always doing math operations in my head if I'm not occupied. Thinking too hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom