Whats ur OCcupation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 1st one was yes... but it's now decommisioned. (shows MY Age!) but the others are just part of our fleet (but 3 are big decks, yes)

When I first read that I thought you said something else.

By big decks you mean carriers? I have landed on a American ship a few years ago. The helo I was in needed a refuel and one of your ships was good enough to oblige (think it was the USS batten, don't quote me on that though) they gave us lunch to A stake with a peeper gravy on it with frys on the side better than the MRE's I have been eating all the last month, If I ever see a chicken curry MRE again it will be far to soon, worst think is i HATE curry and chicken.

Meal Ready to Eat - although it has been know to be called Meals Rejected by the Enemy.

It's kinda like boil in the bag you can put it in HOT water and warm it up that way but when we had a chance we made it in the tin's over a hexi stove. But most of the time we had to eat the food cold.

Worst thing was when the RAF could resupply us the one thing they had in abundance was chicken curry MRE's and none of the really nice sausage and bean's ones or mini burgers in gravy with the green boiled sweets :evil:.

MRE's now are MUCH different... The US Army is having the meals prepared by actual (professional) chefs. once a meal is deemed fit for them, the Army packs it up and sends them on... no longer are the days of an MRE lasting years... the shelf life of these now are measured in months. I still have a few of the older ones though... in the trunk of my car. (for those broke down moments or gotta stop in the middle of the night)

Well we are still stuck with the standard NATO last longer than a ice age ones here in the British army. I keep a few of the sausage and beans ones in my house because they last for decades and are tasty. And I keep one chicken curry one to repel a burgler just open it up and waft the stink down the stairs, but then again I would get done for use of a chemical weapon lol.

I just hope you have kept the little tobasco bottle that was what made some stuff edible even if you drank it as a apreitief after a chicken curry MRE.

A interesting side note my Dog eats every thing and I do mean everything put it in her bowl and it's gone in a few seconds but she refused to eat the Chicken Curry MRE - my conclusion was I have a smart dog ;)

my occupation Is a kiteboarder :D or beach bum but I am 17 so looking at uni courses aswell thinking of going to US and California long beach university the deciding factor was it has the word beach in the name.......

Hey dude I have seen kiteboarding done and it looks cool do you do your from the sand of them oversized sake boards (no I don't mean land yoting) pr the proper way on the water?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom