Whats ur OCcupation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
and get paid crap to do it... but you'll have awesome benefits!
Yeah, on both counts. If he goes in as an officer, the pay is better. Plus, when you get out, you'll be set... NASA and TVA actively recruite nukes from the Navy, plus you'll have a killer security clearance.

Yeah, on both counts. If he goes in as an officer, the pay is better. Plus, when you get out, you'll be set... NASA and TVA actively recruite nukes from the Navy, plus you'll have a killer security clearance.

word... after school and the peace corp, my only option really is to go into gov't in some way. i've noticed, particularly in what im interested in (the foreign service) that the pay is horrible and requires the most work (like 70+ hours of work a week).

Armed Services provide some nice benifits, and it can really help you get a job later on. Just have to be prepared to let you're life be run by somebodies else for a few years.

Armed Services provide some nice benifits, and it can really help you get a job later on. Just have to be prepared to let you're life be run by somebodies else for a few years.

that may be true, to a degree yes, but IF you let it, the military will let you grow up and tap a hidden potential that you didn't even know was there... (and Trotter is very right about the clearance part... ;) )

Being in the Military, no matter what branch, is a state of mind. Period. If you look at it with thr wrong one, then you will ALWAYS have the wrong out look to it. but if you join (officer or enlisted) and you have the proper frame of mind, you will not, and CANNOT lose... Me... I retire in 2 years. Will have a nice retirement check (oh... btw... it'll pay mortgage payment for me.. for life) have a nice level clearance to let me work just about anywhere in any system (GS or otherwise)... and not to mention a degree in computer engineering to boot.

So the military (NOT for everyone mind you) is not a bad thing if you join with the proper frame of mind... and an open one at that...

well i was approached today by a man working with a small web based business who needs a dedicated IT guy. mostly database management of Linux web serves via putty. simple enough and nothing i haven't done before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom