What's the best city to live in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

magouster

Daemon Poster
Hehehehehehe, this is gonna be interesting! What, in your opinion, is the best city in the world to live in?

I'll start it off by saying Pretoria, in South Africa. I live in London now, but I'll be back in my home city by the end of the year! Can't wait!

I'd like to go to Tasmania one day. I'm thinking of having a working-holiday type thing in Australia after the UK, but I don't know if it will pan out. But if I do, I'll hop over the water to Tasmania to check it out!

I also haven't been to enough cities, but out of the ones I've experienced thus far, it'd have to be the one I'll be living in here in about a month and a half and that'd be Seattle, Washington

I've been to dallas, houston, ft. worth, austin, san antonia, los angeles, san diego, oklahoma city, albequerque, etc..etc.. basically most of the major cities from texas and west onto california. By far I've absolutely loved Seattle the best. Some of the other big cities were nice to visit but I never had the feeling I wanted to live there but seattle was different.

One day I hope to travel to Japan as well as Ireland though. Perhaps australia too assuming I can get the others conquered first

Yeah, I've heard other people saying Seatle was pretty nice. Friends of my parents went to the US a couple years ago, said Seatle was great, they also like Chicago (despite the wind). :D

Pretoria is nice, especially towards the parliament (and away from the zoo!). The green scenery is beautiful. But when I lived in Sandton, north of Jo'burg, I didn't like it very much, especially thinking that Alexandria was just on the other side of the expressway and all Jo'burgers know what Alexandria is about. Seeing Soweto didn't help much either.

Amen to that, I live not to far from the Atteridgeville Township, and it is rough in there, Won't catch me going in there by myself. And Alexandria is like 10 times worse than Atteridgeville. But Soweto is slowly picking up, not as bad as some townships I've seen. Looks impressive from the air though, I fly over it when I fly to Potchefstroom or Bloemfontein. At about 2000ft AGL, you can't even see the edges of it. Soweto is much bigger than most South Africans realise!

magouster said:
Yeah, I've heard other people saying Seatle was pretty nice. Friends of my parents went to the US a couple years ago, said Seatle was great, they also like Chicago (despite the wind). :D

IRONIC!

I was in chicago most of my life and now im in the suburb, Naperville (voted in top 5 best places to live in the country last year)

But... I don't want to end up anywhere BUT Seattle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom