What's with the ads here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pc_boy

Daemon Poster
hey, sorry if this has been posted, but what's with all the annoying ads that appear like every 2 posts?

Pisses me off.. :mad:

If you use the donate function for this forum they will disapear. The board needs to pay for hosting somehow I'm sure.

I thought the ads were after every third post, and were supposed to be. But it seems that they are after the third post and then the fourth post and then no more until the next page. But, they are not after every 2 posts.

As mentioned above, the purpose of the ads is to help pay the bills. It's unfortunate that they bother some, but it's also unfortunate that the owners are not independently wealthy and need the revenue.

BTW, though the ads are not incentivized, but it is helpful to the forum when they are clicked.

Dave :D

gah they are really annoying, so close to the top and whenever i hit something at the top, i accidentally hit the ad, and it brings up this massive screen and it kill my computer :D

If I remember correctly you make T-F $.02 richer everytime you click one of those adds. :) Which does add up after a little while.

ok so then lets have a clicking contest and see who can click the most ads! :D

someone should make a sticky or something to tell ppl to click on the ads every time they log on

Holding a clicking contest or instructing members to click the ads is against the TOS with Google.
Incentives

Web pages may not include incentives of any kind for users to click on ads. This includes encouraging users to click on the ads or to visit the advertisers' sites as well as drawing any undue attention to the ads. For example, your site cannot contain phrases such as "click here," "support us," "visit these links," or other similar language that could apply to any ad, regardless of content. These activities are strictly prohibited in order to avoid potential inflation of advertiser costs. In addition, publishers may not bring unnatural attention to sites displaying ads or referral buttons through unsolicited mass emails or unwanted advertisements on third-party websites. Publishers are also not permitted to use deceptive or unnatural means to draw attention to or incite clicks on referral buttons.

Though clicking will help the forum, we can NOT draw attention to just clicking for support. But, thanks for the thought anyway!

Dave :D

lol never knew that.. i've seen tons of sites that tell you to click on their ads

If it makes any diffrence I do click on the ads every time I log on because I love TF so much.. dont know if i would be interested in computers at all if it wernt for TF... BTW im 15 and with the insperation of TF I build computers, now learning a little programing, messing with ocing, and trying to learn a few new os's (not working out so well with Red Hat), messed with a web site (didnt work out, worst $200 I ever spent but I know HTML and a little Javascript, and learing as much as I can with computers. It may be a little off topic but I couldn't help myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom