What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

Yea I'm using a 60 dollar Gophone. It's decent and gets the job done, but ultimately even an S3 is better in many ways. It sucks because my family have 3 unused S3s but I can't use them.

I'm guessing you can't use it due to carrier issues?
Well sell them on ebay.

I was getting frustrated with my S3 due to the lag and battery however after putting CM on it and an extended battery those problems were solved and I was really happy...until I got the invite!

So now I will return the extended battery and try selling my phone
It's a White SGSIII 32GB T-Mobile (Factory Unlocked) Really good Condition (I've never broken a phone, usually take care of my stuff)
If I get $150 for it I'll be more than happy

Faster phones are cool and all, but really, we're well beyond the point of it actually mattering. The core experience was smooth years ago. No one actually cares about high graphical fidelity 3D games. As long as I can get 60fps throughout the phone, including recording/playback of 1080p then i'm happy. I like a really fast phone too, it's something to boast about, but if Apple went ahead and said their next A8 processor is the same speed as A7 but twice as efficient with good battery life gains, that'd be even cooler.

It's a White SGSIII 32GB T-Mobile (Factory Unlocked) Really good Condition (I've never broken a phone, usually take care of my stuff)

Try selling on Swappa.

I'm guessing you can't use it due to carrier issues?
Well sell them on ebay.

I was getting frustrated with my S3 due to the lag and battery however after putting CM on it and an extended battery those problems were solved and I was really happy...until I got the invite!

Not my phones to sell.

Faster phones are cool and all, but really, we're well beyond the point of it actually mattering. The core experience was smooth years ago. No one actually cares about high graphical fidelity 3D games. As long as I can get 60fps throughout the phone, including recording/playback of 1080p then i'm happy. I like a really fast phone too, it's something to boast about, but if Apple went ahead and said their next A8 processor is the same speed as A7 but twice as efficient with good battery life gains, that'd be even cooler.
I have to disagree, depending on what you mean by "years ago". I don't find the core experience to be fine on the GS2 or the iPhone 4 and I have both in my house right now. I'd say the core experience starts getting better with the iPhone 4s and GS3.

On Android it seems that a dual core Snapdragon is fine, but without having 2GB of RAM you're screwed.

Never heard of this place.
I was thinking of trying the usual ebay/craigslist

Swappa doesn't take fees from the seller like eBay :).

It just adds $10 to the price you post, and the buyer of the device pays for it. Slick way to do business IMO.

I'd post it up on Craigslist and Swappa. eBay if it doesn't sell on either :p.

Or you may have good luck on some of those garage sale Facebook groups that are local to specific areas; we have a lot of those up here for different areas.

Swappa is awful in the UK. Every time I go on there, there's just nothing I'm interested in. No Nexus 5's, no M8's. Literally none.

Usually has a good line up for devices here in the US :p.

iPhone 4s was probably one of the best iPhones, performance and battery was amazing, the 5 barely made a difference and battery was terrible (wife had both and I played around with it a lot)
I was a huge Nokia fan for years and loved my N8 until the GS3 came out, I feel like it was the best andriod phone for it's time and still really is a good phone.
After getting the OPO I don't think you can make it faster, or I guess I should say there isn't a need, this phone is so damn quick now it's weird but nice.
They need to now concentrate on the battery life and a better camera and/or a new technology if possible.
Forget about giving it more speed or ram.
A 2.5 Quadcore and 3gb of ram is PLENTY for the moment I should say
I would have loved to get the Nokia Pureview however Nokia lacked apps and was starting to get outdated and I now that they're with Windows, I agree it saved them but still I don't like how Windows works on phones, I got it for my mom. I got bored using it really quick.

Back
Top Bottom