What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

I think my $180 40" TV looks awesome :tongue: I mean seriously... for the price it looks awesome. Best monitor ever!

[QUOTEI don't believe you ]

it looks a hell of a lot better than the 42" i was using b4 and pretty damn close to that ips panel i sent back after messing a bit with the colors, but then again it was a cheap ips panel lol.

Hah, I'm sure it is pretty good. I'm just extremely picky. My monitor has some of the best recorded figures for an IPS monitor, but I'm not particularly happy with it. Though my issues with it are more to do with the shortfalls of IPS as a technology, rather than how well LG have done with that particular panel.

I think my $180 40" TV looks awesome :tongue: I mean seriously... for the price it looks awesome. Best monitor ever!

If it's a glossy VA panel it is going to look really nice. Not ideal for color accurate work, but contrast and color saturation should make things look great. My TV monitor is the same. Contrast ratio is about 4x that of a good IPS panel.

Last edited:

i was kind of worried cuz ppl that bought this monitor mention that colors were a bit washed out. but it turned out pretty decent after i messed with both settings on the monitor and colors on the nvidia controls settings.

You can have my 27" Dell IPS monitors when you pry them from my cold dead hands. I was looking at the specs yesterday to check something, and I HOPE that when freesync becomes a thing, these will be firmware upgradeable to work, since they are dp 1.2a.

Those are so damn pricy. With good reason they so look pretty damn awesome. I'll just wait till 4k is more main stream and I don't have to break the bank to game on it decently.

Those are so damn pricy. With good reason they so look pretty damn awesome. I'll just wait till 4k is more main stream and I don't have to break the bank to game on it decently.

I got em off the outlet store, so they were only like 418 bucks each.

That's pretty good. Still a bit more than I like to spend on a screen right now. Honestly I'll probably game more on the oculus wen it hits.

iMac 27" with GTX 775M, i7 and 8GB ram.

I only paid for about 1/4 of it though. Dad is setting me up with a proper room at his house so I have a decent room to stay in when I come and visit, prior to that I had no PC or TV or anything so it kind of sucked. The room will also be used by my sister and she wanted an iMac, but I wanted something I could atleast game on so was going to get a proper PC. In the end I figured that if we atleast got the iMac with the 775M then she has the iMac that she wants and I have something that I can game on.

I like iMacs anyway, but I prefer something that can play games more. I'm pleasantly surprised at how much poke this thing has, I know it's not a massively demanding game but it plays the OS X version of Borderlands 2 at 2560x1440 max settings perfectly fine, it's totally playable. Feels about 45fps on average.

OS X is better than when I last tried it. Seems generally easier to use and a few more useful features, I quite like it. I wouldn't say I prefer it over Windows 7 or 8 as of yet but i've only been on it a couple hours.

Back
Top Bottom