What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

Can't rely on things released years ago. I'm just going by what has been released now info wise. I mean it's only a 750ti so you never know. I doubt they will be giving the big advantages so such a low end chip. That's why I said "so far". Either way, I'm liking the look of Maxwell. 750ti is about 660 performance with half the TDP.

Got my samsung un32f5050 32" display today.

whoa.

i havent even hooked it up yet but i am in love with it.
puddle, it is also a TS01 version.
one complaint i DO have...i bought a slim wall mount for it, but the damn thing has a power cable (and HDMI, actually) that stick straight out from the back panel. why would you do that samsung? not even my vizio 47" does that.
so now i have to find a power cable that is turned 90* so that it wont keep it off the wall. the HDMI adapter is no big deal, like 5 bucks. the power cord is a little more difficult (and expensive). i just dont get why ANY manufacturer would put straight plugs on a TV designed to hang flat on a wall.
/grumble

i look forward to firing it up this evening, im actually skipping the gym (doesnt happen often) to play with it lol

Glad you like it so far, I was immediately impressed by mine too.

The ports sticking straight out is odd, the hdmi ports on my 5500 are side facing and it came with a 90 degree power cable, I don't see why they would ever deviate from that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Glad you like it so far, I was immediately impressed by mine too.

The ports sticking straight out is odd, the hdmi ports on my 5500 are side facing and it came with a 90 degree power cable, I don't see why they would ever deviate from that.

i know, when i googled the power cord for the 5050 (for this very reason) it showed a 90* cable. but it's not. actually it has a side facing hdmi so thats all good. the power cord will bend down just enough to zip tie to itself to give about 1/8" between it and the wall. so it will work out.
over all, i like it. a lot. there is A LOT more real estate than my 24". need to do some fine tuning to get the text cleared up, and im about to start a few maps of BF4 when the kids are all asleep here shortly. i will say that i dont like the fact that windows cant turn it off like a monitor, and the shortest length of time with no signal that i can set it to turn off is 15 minutes. i kinda figured that going in, so its not really a deal breaker. just an annoyance, really.

It wouldn't be an issue for me as I never put my rig to sleep but just turn off my monitors manually.

i will say that i dont like the fact that windows cant turn it off like a monitor, and the shortest length of time with no signal that i can set it to turn off is 15 minutes. i kinda figured that going in, so its not really a deal breaker. just an annoyance, really.

You could try using NirCmd's "monitor off" option:
NirCmd - Freeware command-line tool for Windows

And setup a script that run it on shutdown through gpedit local policies:
Windows settings -> Scripts -> Shutdown -> Properties -> Add

The UN32F5500 has options to set how it should behave when the signal shuts down.

The only difference between the 5000 and the 5500 is the smart TV functionality and the stand design, I bought the 5500 because I could get it locally and check the panel version it had. A TS01 version is a Samsung panel while other versions are either Sharp or AU Optronics. From what I have seen most if not all of the 5500s are Samsung panels.

Also be sure to change the HDMI name to pc, it automatically disabled a lot of unnecessary stuff and delivers the best input latency.

You could try using NirCmd's "monitor off" option:
NirCmd - Freeware command-line tool for Windows

And setup a script that run it on shutdown through gpedit local policies:
Windows settings -> Scripts -> Shutdown -> Properties -> Add

That would send a command to tv to power off?
Like trotter said, it's really no biggie. It shuts power off to itself after 15 minutes of no signal, I just have to manually turn it back on. Kinda lazy on my part but I'm used to my monitors going into standby after a few minutes lol

That would send a command to tv to power off?
Like trotter said, it's really no biggie. It shuts power off to itself after 15 minutes of no signal, I just have to manually turn it back on. Kinda lazy on my part but I'm used to my monitors going into standby after a few minutes lol

Dunno if it would work or not lol. I've only tried it with monitors - I just said you could give it a try :p.

Try just running the command through a Run dialog first to see if it would even work:

Run -> nircmd.exe monitor off

Sold i7 2600 on ebay
Waited 4 days to receive payment, was finally sent to me today
2 hours later receive this message.

hi i have made payments to you today but unfortunetely i was double checking my motherboard which is asus sabertooth x79 which only has LG2011 CPU SOCKET and this cpu i7 2600 is LGA 1155 BASED CPU. Having little knowledge of pc i made a mistake iam so sorry. can i cancel my order and can i have a refund please AS THIS CPU WILL NOT FIT MY MOTHERBOARD. Please dont think i am messing about otherwise i would not have paid you. Please accept my sincere apologies and i am sure if u relist it it will sell for same or more. I hope you havent posted it. oNCE AGAIN I AM SO SORRY PLEASE HELP AND ASSIST.

****ed off. I have already prepaid my eBay and PayPal fees so I will be out of pocket refunding. My auction CLEARLY listed the CPU and CPU socket.

To refund or not to refund ?

Refund him for everything except the fees :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom