What You've Just Bought!

Re: Tech-forums Official What You've just Bought thread!

Holy crap 40" haha.

Yeah, I'm super excited, I can't wait until I get everything in my hands just to touch :p. I think I might put my Scythe Musashi on the 5870 right away, Scythe's site says it's compatible. Hopefully will get some better wire management done too :D.

I know how you feel man that's awesome! Have fun with the build. Pre-xmas presents I'm guessing?

No not really, I bought all of it. GPU died yesterday so I wanted to get that right away, and I've been wanting to upgrade everything else for a while (I'm using parts from a HP Pavilion now). So it just happened to come right before Christmas. I don't really care that I bought all of it, will still feel like presents when I'm unboxing/unwrapping everything :D.

I also plan to do a few mods to the cm 690. I want to cut out the honey comb on the top two and rear exhaust fan mounting places (then use "C" channel molding from Petra's to cover up the cuts) and cut out the diamond bar pattern plastic part on the front and top panel. Just want to do it to increase airflow, the top two fans are being blocked a lot by that honey comb and diamond bars (I can actually see the outline of the diamond bars with dust on the top panel (dust filters will help stop that pretty soon ;))). Most likely will just use wire cutting pliers, I don't have a dremel. A dremel will look better but I'll just be careful and try to cut in straight lines and not have drastic bends.

I also plan to do a few mods to the cm 690. I want to cut out the honey comb on the top two and rear exhaust fan mounting places (then use "C" channel molding from Petra's to cover up the cuts) and cut out the diamond bar pattern plastic part on the front and top panel. Just want to do it to increase airflow, the top two fans are being blocked a lot by that honey comb and diamond bars (I can actually see the outline of the diamond bars with dust on the top panel (dust filters will help stop that pretty soon ;))). Most likely will just use wire cutting pliers, I don't have a dremel. A dremel will look better but I'll just be careful and try to cut in straight lines and not have drastic bends.

Just a question : Why the 5870? I know you're a gamer, but you've said you mainly play MX games. While I know mainly doesn't mean that's all, but do you think you'll be playing other games more often, with the 5870 to justify such a ******* card?

Just bought these, offered the guy $5, and he said they were mine, so I couldn't pass 'em up.
http://www.tweaknews.net/reviews/altec215/

Just a question : Why the 5870? I know you're a gamer, but you've said you mainly play MX games. While I know mainly doesn't mean that's all, but do you think you'll be playing other games more often, with the 5870 to justify such a ******* card?

Just bought these, offered the guy $5, and he said they were mine, so I couldn't pass 'em up.
[Tweaknews] - Altec Lansing 251 5.1 Surround Sound PC Speaker System - Page 1

lol, you bought them for $5. did you make sure they worked?

Back
Top Bottom