What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

Just ordered a relatively small socket set to keep in the car should the need arise to use one.
One day I'll buy a large set, then I will not have to keep borrowing my father's socket set.

A little late, but I bought a whole mess o' celluloid plectrums (all different thicknesses), a glass guitar slide, a brass guitar slide, and some Ernie Ball Slinky strings (for old time's sake). Pretty soon I will be starting a little project to repair/upgrade/make-more-awesome my fat-body Fender Squier Strat.

I got a Mexican Strat at the old house. It needs some lovin, but first I need to upgrade the bridge on it. Can't stand all that hum and buzz in my tube amp which already has its own hum and buzz.

I got a Mexican Strat at the old house. It needs some lovin, but first I need to upgrade the bridge on it. Can't stand all that hum and buzz in my tube amp which already has its own hum and buzz.

I hear ya on that. I got to spruce up my Epiphone Les Paul too, it's got a pretty loud buzz going on when the strings are tuned down...though I think that's the pick guard.

Any suggestions on "must-have mods" for a Strat? I'm possibly looking to upgrade the pickups, but on the fence about what type I should get. Going to be replacing the bridge, probably the tuners, and I want to upgrade the electronics as well. I can't remember what state they are in, and I really don't want to slap new strings on this thing until it's fixed up (especially the bridge, parts of it are rusted where the strings come out), so I don't know if there are any shorts or problems with the electronics.

Well if you want to go this route, EMG and Seymour make full kits that are a rip out and direct replacement for Strats. Personally if you play more of rock or metal I would drop some Hot Rails in there. More than likely I will be turning mine into a hummer in the bridge and a Stevie Ray in the neck.

Back
Top Bottom