What You've Just Bought!

Re: Tech-forums Official What You've just Bought thread!

Sent my Seagate 1TB 7200.12 back to original owner. Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit OEM is sitting next to me begging to be opened n used :p.
Urg, I really want ASUS to release drivers for my motherboard! :(

Anyways, I just bought a new wireless mouse for my extra computer ;) It beats having to switch out mice every time I need to use it.

I just got a Mac mini to use as a HTPC :) got a near 100% discount on it too
Heard some good things about Plex so I decided I'd try it out.

a p5q deluxe to replace my p5k that no longer works properly
NCIX.com - Buy ASUS P5Q Deluxe ATX LGA775 P45 DDR2 3PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 2PCI SATA2 Sound GBLAN eSATA 1394 Motherboard - P5Q-Deluxe In Canada.
and windows 7 home premium 64 bit

When i upgrade in like 3 months to a core I7 or I5 i can use this computer with the p5q deluxe as my dedicated folding rig, instead of having video cards in separate computers folding (since it has 3 pcie slots). I'll still fold with the gpu on my main computer though. The p5q deluxe also will allow me to route cables better as the 24 pin and 4 pin are on the edges of the mobo, as well the sata and power button, reset, etc pins are also near the edge and located better then on the p5k.

This just got delivered to my office. My local computer shop finally got a couple of decent keyboards in so I had to make the quick purchase before they went out of stock. Also, grabbed a new mouse pad some other goodies. Computer parts delivery..can't beat it. Lolz @ the disc on top.

I wonder if that windows 7 disc is legit lol

The Destructor is nice, but I really like my Razer eXactMat. Let me know about how the keys wear on the Lycosa... I like my Eclipse but the "e" and "a" keys show red blobs instead of the letters now after 10 months of use. Their customer service sent me replacement keys but I haven't put them on yet.

Well I'm working with both right now and so far I can say I could probably have down without the new pad. It's a nice accessory, but I wouldn't pay $35 for it again. The keyboard is nice, however, there is no raised texture on any of the keys. The whole keyboard is mirror black and smooth. The keys are nice and tight together, and the media keys are all touch sensitive instead of raised keys which is pretty cool. I would have liked some sort of raised grip-like texture on some keys, but so far the closeness of the keys work fine. Very plain and simple design really...no extra keys, small, super thin, and the back light is not bright at all, which is something I was concerned about. Very smooth typing, makes me want to type up a story just to keep going haha. Also it's suprising how little fingerprints the surface picks up, so far it's clean as a whistle. I do have a cat though, so all in good time. The keyboard came with a shiner cloth so that works fine for me.

/attempt at a review.

hehehe

10629_141196204458_595069458_3369895_2756992_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom