What You've Just Bought!

Re: Tech-forums Official What You've just Bought thread!

Yep. This one has a 1200cc/36hp engine with 300,000 miles on it :) Ya its a slight project.

Get us some pictures! I've been debating on buying a VW bug for awhile, they just seem like they're fun to mod, and drive.

Lots of fun. And one of the cheapest cars to rebuild. I'm guessing it'll cost me somewhere around 4-5k to get it back into working order. But i plan to do a few heavy upgrades. Disc brakes up front, and a good motor and transmission. Still a far cry from the cost of restoring an old chevy or ford.

They were sitting on a bench at work for a couple of months, so I asked my boss whether I could have them and he was like 'meh, orrite.' Now I've got them both running in my rig, one for the OS and one for games.

Your boss is a nice guy ! :D

I just got me some Atomic Blackeye TI Ski's :D (I took advantage of ebay's 10percent off voucher and got them for £400ish)

Atomic_nomad_blackeye.jpg

Got some poles and ski bag too. Readying myself for Whistler ;)

I've been skiing at whistler a couple of times. I'm just a beginner, but i'm competent enough to say that whistler rocks :D

It was on the blackcomb side that i went i believe... i went like 4 times or something..

lol ya, i think there's only one whislter... especially a skiing whislter!

It is a very nice place, and so is vancouver. Very very beautiful.

^Whistler BC Canada?. I have been there, very nice place.

Yep, Whistler BC Canada :D

I can't wait. I have always wanted to go to Canada, and Whistler especially ! It looks brilliant.

My dad is worried though, previously we have been to european resorts in france which are higher up, where the village level is around 1600 meters. Whistler village is only 650meters, so he reckons the snow condition will be poor down at the end of the runs near the village in January when we're going.

I'm not to sure whether the actual snow conditions will be better than the Alps, but the resort, and country in general is very exciting.

People that live in Canada probably don't appreciate it as much, but places like British Columbia look spectaculary nice when you come from quite a bland country like i do.

Well January is the middle of our winter. So your looking at exceptional snow through early march. Even thought the base is that low they almost always have enough snow for Camp of Champions which is a summer snowboard camp.

Back
Top Bottom