What You've Just Bought!

My 2007 Camry bit the dust over the weekend. $3k repair on a car worth like $800.

So I bought a fully loaded Lexus UX 250h. It's lovely

I've got an '04 Hyundai, and am kind of in the same boat. It's only a matter of time, but unfortunately I'm not quite sure how I'll recover once it happens. I'm already working 2 jobs to cover unexpected vet bills, so a broke-down car would more or less cancel it all out, and I wouldn't be able to get to the second job anyway! Oof. :sad:

Bought a GTX2070 Super. Got it delivered to the Post Office, where it arrived yesterday about 11:30. However, the Post office closes at 12:30 on a Saturday (wtf?!) so I didn't get there in time. It's also closed on a Sunday, so I have to wait until first thing Monday to pick it up T_T

iPhone 11 Pro Max and the AirPods Pro
Comin' back to the Apple camp on phones because of their privacy features. If I don't like it, it'll be back to my OnePlus 6 w/ LineageOS without any Google apps.

Plus, my new car doesn't do Android Auto :lol:

GTX2070 Super was a *good* buy.

Comin' back to the Apple camp on phones because of their privacy features.
I don't deny that Apple's is a bit better, but Android hit great strides with Android 10. On my OnePlus 7 Pro I've been getting notifications as soon as anything requests Location while I'm not using it; my phone is very locked down permissions-wise with not much effort on my part.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm already returning it....

* Some of my critical apps aren't in the app store
* CarPlay crashed three times on my commute this morning.
* Face Unlock is inferior. It didn't recognize me a dozen times this morning.
* No 4Chan browser in the app store???
* Automation is pretty much non-existent without support for Shortcuts, which very few apps support
* Some of my home automation requires automation on my phone, so that's a no-go.
* Apple still has the problem that certain codecs just don't play natively. Namely WebM.
* My Music player choices are slim. I use AirSonic for both my music and podcasts, and there are only two options in the app store. Neither work in the way I want them to, namely podcast sorting.

So I'm keeping it for a few days while I get LineageOS for MicroG set up on my OnePlus 6.

The AirPods are nothing short of magic though. The noise cancelling is incredible :tongue:

geez... you spent 1,000's of dollars on a car that is not compatible with your current phone so you buy an $$$apple phone$$$ and some of your required apps are not supported???
What is wrong with this picture?
You are now an official victim of consumerism!. (what are you getting for all that money?)
Excuse me, but I am from a generation that would puke at the amount of $$ your wasting just to use your $$$ car. It sounds disgusting to me

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom