What You've Just Bought!

I am planning on picking up some more outdoor hobbies. Quite fancy going to nature parks and such, do some casual animal/bird watching. Also planning on going to Reykjavik and Iceland in general this summer, so it seemed like a good time to pick up a reasonable pair.
What's going on here, we're both picking up outdoor hobbies?

Yep. Looks like my wife is going to take the black one that they sent at first.

And... now my graphics card is starting to flake out on me. My monitors keep just going grey now and then and I have to reset my rig to get them back. Event Viewer doesn't show anything out of the ordinary and it hasn't happened when gaming, just when I am browsing. If I can talk my wife into it I am going to order me a 1660 and try to get this card replaced and then sell it.
I was gonna say it's probably drivers but didn't realize you had an AMD card now. My font colors get all weird and hazy on my screen and I have to reboot to make it go away.

An i5-4430S to replace the G3420 in my VM machine; starting to need more cores rather than just clock speed, so the i5-4430S was a good balance, and a nice upgrade for £35.

At this point I'm running a Palo Alto firewall with a fair chunk of features enabled, an Ubuntu server running a Feed the Beast Minecraft server, and a W10 client. the first two are fairly busy the system starts to chug, so time for an upgrade.
With the boost to 24GB of RAM too I'm hoping to start adding more load to the box with some other projects.

Last edited:
What's going on here, we're both picking up outdoor hobbies?

I was gonna say it's probably drivers but didn't realize you had an AMD card now. My font colors get all weird and hazy on my screen and I have to reboot to make it go away.

Well.... i'm going to try atleast. My issue is I am so damn apathetic towards everything lately. Games, TV... I just get bored so quickly and most of the time can't even be bothered to launch a game let alone play it. So we will see if I can muster the energy to go on walks and stuff, but hopefully yes :lol:

I'll be interested to see how they go. I had a $100 pair as a kid which was a lot of cash at 12 :p would love to get a proper good pair

Oh FWIW, they arrived and are very good. There is not any obvious difference in optical quality between these and the £900 Leica Trinovids my dad has. Though admittedly, they are 15 or so years old and the newer Leicas will have a better design and better optical coatings. But still, they are really good. Sharp, bright, good colors, good FOV, very little aberrations.

Last edited:
Well.... i'm going to try atleast. My issue is I am so damn apathetic towards everything lately. Games, TV... I just get bored so quickly and most of the time can't even be bothered to launch a game let alone play it. So we will see if I can muster the energy to go on walks and stuff, but hopefully yes :lol:

Oh FWIW, they arrived and are very good. There is not any obvious difference in optical quality between these and the £900 Leica Trinovids my dad has. Though admittedly, they are 15 or so years old and the newer Leicas will have a better design and better optical coatings. But still, they are really good. Sharp, bright, good colors, good FOV, very little aberrations.
I'm the same way. When I move I'm actually keeping a good deal of my electronics in storage. I've been doing a lot of car work lately and enjoying it. Not so much the back pain, but just putting it back together and it fires up like new is a bit more enjoyable than the PC **** I've been doing for years.

I'm the same way. When I move I'm actually keeping a good deal of my electronics in storage. I've been doing a lot of car work lately and enjoying it. Not so much the back pain, but just putting it back together and it fires up like new is a bit more enjoyable than the PC **** I've been doing for years.

I could never enjoy that kind of thing. Im a huge pussy and hate getting dirty with things like car oil 😂

I've been doing a lot of car work lately and enjoying it.

Been doing the same thing... But now I have the domino effect going on. :p

Cleaned all the exhaust and fuel things I could (EGR, PCV, MAF sensor, etc...) and now I have a O2 sensor going bad. LOL bad part is it's a PITA to get to. But I'm just gonna change all of them out, when I get the money.

After new tires, shocks, water pump, alternator, etc... I'm about money'd out. :eek:

Anyone wanna donate to my truck fund? ...Anyone?

Why do I hear crickets chirping? :p:confused::lol:

@Nukem, do you know for a fact the sensor is fouled? My car pulled that code once and the sensor was fine and it was my maf sensor being dirty. I was so scared of breaking it because they are so fragile I didn't clean it well enough and it couldn't sense the flow right. Anyway what worked was removing the sensor, taking a full can of brake cleaner and soaking the sensor with cleaner until it is empty. Then let it dry overnight and put it back on.

Maybe reset ecu, just be aware the fuel mix gets set up when you reset so best to drive super hard after reset and get it to tune for better performance. But O2 sensors are expensive and supposed to last a long time.

For my car front dealer brand O2 is $400. It's a Japanese car manufacturer that uses Denso for stock sensors and plugs and such. Same exact sensor sold under Denso brand is $100. I bought one when I had that code and didn't need it. The sensor I had lasted many more years and then I already had one to replace with so it worked out. But dont waste the $$ if you don't have to, because it may not fix / be the problem.

@kmax what you said about getting dirty does not compute

My new phone was delivered today. I checked the box to make sure it was the correct model for the US and it was. Opened it and found that they sent me the black model instead of the blue one. Seriously? I'm going to keep it regardless but it pisses me off that Amazon can screw up something so simple.

It's easier to screw up than you would think... If it's a sold by and shipped by Amazon item, the usual process is this...

We get 500 of an item, and 500 of another item, two different styles of the same item. Someone else prints 1000 B00 labels, of only the first item, gives it to a processor. The processor *should* check each and every item they touch, but they have an hourly quota they must meet, otherwise they risk an *** raping by management.

Fast forward, now you have a stower that must stow all 1000 items in a certain amount of time, those items are supposed to go in a certain order, but the items have all been mixed together in totes. There isn't really any way to tell what is what for them.

Next comes the picker, they again, have a quota to meet. The screen shows the image you see, but they can't open the box to check and verify, they only have a box with a few words on it and have to go on to the next item.

The item is now at ship, where every package is weighed, things with incorrect weight should get kicked out for investigation, but remember, its two items that only have a differing color, so it passes and goes to the customer.

Customer becomes irate as someone at the start of the chain screwed up.

Curious, did either of your items have a B00, or just the UPC/EAN? If B00, see if someone put the wrong B00 on the box, if it's a UPC/EAN only item, see if the UPC/EAN matches. Because there's no way our system lets us scan the wrong barcode and send it on, we get a literal stop that forces us to escalate to another level of processing. Whether that level passes the item on or not is up in the air.

If it's a Sold By (Insert third party) item, and shipped by Amazon, we can't really verify anything and can only go by what the third party tells us, that's one of the areas that causes the most issues.

BTW, Trotter, check your account to make sure that the support agent didn't issue an RMA...

Last edited:
What's the point of trying to avoid wrongly issued rma? Waiving your right to use it when you need it? Don't they need you to sign via fedex or ups? I wouldn't worry about it but it's an expensive item so idk.

Back
Top Bottom