What You've Just Bought!

↑↑↑
yup... that's what I ment, except because oled is organic it can suffer from burn-in
(I thought they solved LED burn-in a long time ago?)

Last edited:
Isn't plasma inorganic though and it has bad burn in problems. My mom has had plasma 55" for a long time, watches sports which have the score ticker and channel logo, and no burn in, but all devices plugged in it have screen savers. I don't want any tv where that issue is possible.

Bought a robot vacuum! Loved the last one I had, lost it to my ex :p decided to bite the bullet finally and got a proper mapping one this time. My biggest gripe last time was the semi-random patterns meant it didn't always clean properly or efficiently. This one uses SLAM :D can't wait to see how she does.

https://www.gearbest.com/robot-vacuum/pp_440546.html

Always thought these are cool but always felt like they probably don't do a good job unless you have a big open house with very little furniture.

My mums house where I live is quite small. So there is quite a lot of furniture in a tight area that I think it would struggle with. And now does it vacuum the corners if it's circular ?

New water pump for my truck and all the associated things to replace it; to include radiator flush; brake flush, differential oil replacement, AC check...

^Probably timing belt and pulleys and the things they spin on I forget what they are called but good to replace all that at once for preventative maintenance.

I am trying to save and not buy things but I need food to live and rent is a thing.

There is a job interview I wanted to do well on so I made a charitable donation, sort of spirit bribe. It helped; I passed the interview but there are more to get the job.

Idk seems like with karma give a little get a little.

^Probably timing belt and pulleys and the things they spin on I forget what they are called but good to replace all that at once for preventative maintenance.

He is probably talking about his 18-wheeler when he said his truck.

He is probably talking about his 18-wheeler when he said his truck.

Actually I was talking about my personal truck. :) The water pump bearings are shot and squeal like all get out... Nice thing about a Ram 1500 is it's pretty roomy and doing work on it is pretty straight forward. So instead of letting someone else do it for 450-500 US, I'm gonna do it myself for parts cost and my time. Idler pulleys, tension arm and new belt have already been done.

... and my truck has a timing chain, so unless it loose or rattling, I'm not going to attempt to change that out. Chain, unless something abnormal happens, are usually good for the life of the vehicle. It's an '04 with 156,8XX on it.

But my big truck... Oh no, I let the big boys play with that stuff. :p I don't work on that one. That's the money maker...

Always thought these are cool but always felt like they probably don't do a good job unless you have a big open house with very little furniture.

You'll still need to sweep stuff occasionally (and continue mopping ofc), but it really does deal excellently with 95% of the sweeping/vacuuming I had to do before.

Finally just tired with having to deal with all the sand/dog hair on the floor, and my house is literally ideal for it :p cause yes, it does indeed work best in a big open house with little furniture and obstacles etc.
I've got all flat flooring and only one carpet and no stairs, so I'll be leaving the doors open and let it do the whole house every day at 10am. Solar will be in full swing by the time it finishes, so free recharge :p all I have to do is empty the catcher.

My mums house where I live is quite small. So there is quite a lot of furniture in a tight area that I think it would struggle with.

A typical english house in my head is yes very cramped, lots of stairs, lots of thickass carpet, and some might say (wrongly) an overabundance of recliners.

If that's accurate then yes, I can imagine a robo struggling with that environment :/ the obstacles actually not so much tbh, especially with actual environment mapping going on vs just proximity sensors. They're pretty clever now

And now does it vacuum the corners if it's circular ?

It's got a sticky-outy spinning brush thing. It still misses the very corner of the corners though. If you imagine it in the corner of a square and a lil arm reaching out that can't quite touch the tip of the square, but just the tip, you got it.

They are one of those things that you can't cheap out on tho, cause a ****ty motor on ****ty parts with a ****ty brain IS gonna be a ****ty cleaner :sleep: best thing you can do is wait for someone in an unsuited house to sell their expensive one cheap. Got my last one that way for ~$200, would've been $800+ new.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom