What You've Just Bought!

Just signed up for Linux Academy again
Going to get my RHCE and RHCA this year. :tongue:

DeathAdder Elite came in Thursday... and it was DOA. Tried it in multiple ports in multiple computers, flat out dead. Contacted seller and he issued a full refund.

Ordered another one with the refund. I would rather order new but I have shelled out way too much trying to find the right mouse. If I like it well enough I will order a new one and hand this one off to someone else.

Get your mouse problem resolved? :p

Or is it still rats? LOL

Cast iron is excellent to cook in... Use this video to help with the seasoning. It will help quicken the process. But we use a nylon brush instead of a scrubbie, and never in the dishwasher; always hand clean. Once seasoned, just a drop of Dawn and lightly clean; then your set for next time. Too much soap will start to wear down the layers.

But It's the same exact thing we did with all of ours and there are 7 or 8 sitting around here. :p

https://www.southernliving.com/food/how-to/how-t0-season-a-cast-iron-skillet

Cast iron is excellent to cook in... Use this video to help with the seasoning. It will help quicken the process. But we use a nylon brush instead of a scrubbie, and never in the dishwasher; always hand clean. Once seasoned, just a drop of Dawn and lightly clean; then your set for next time. Too much soap will start to wear down the layers.

But It's the same exact thing we did with all of ours and there are 7 or 8 sitting around here. :p

https://www.southernliving.com/food/how-to/how-t0-season-a-cast-iron-skillet

Thanks. Technically it arrived pre seasoned, but not the best seasoning, definitely needs some work.

I saw that the 'no soap' myth is kind of bull****. Apparently modern dish soap is not strong enough to strip the seasoning off a skillet. It'll get the surface oil out and that's about it. I can believe it to be honest, I have tried cleaning my vaporiser that gets oils and such building up, and soap is not strong enough. Have to submerge in stuff like ethanol overnight to really clean it properly.

Soap won't strip it clean on the first time, but if your anal about cleaning your cast iron all the time, you will defeat the seasoning; and TBH I only really clean it with soap if it's been sitting for a while after dinner and the scrub brush won't take off the residue. But generally speaking, your correct.

The more you use it, the more it will season itself. Then you will get to a point when all you do is lightly scrub with hot water and dry it. Ready for next use. :p

Back
Top Bottom