What You've Just Bought!

I was talking about the Carbon he originally picked, and ja it's soldered -_- very interesting that they force a CPU upgrade before they'll let you pick 16GB too o_O
5zL6O1v.png

The Extreme looks much nicer, though I'm still only seeing an option up to 32GB (not that I'd want 64 :p now that IS overkill lol)
CAJFq79.png

Last edited:
Huh, yeah I see 64GB's on mine. Maybe it's only in the US?
The Extreme isn't soldered on, it's under the back panel.
and it has two NVME slots, which I may take advantage of at some point.

And yeah at your point a few posts ago... I paid slightly under $2k for this one. My last MacBook lasted me nearly 5 years so I'm hoping to get at least that long out of this one.

I chose the 1x16 option so upgrading to 32 in the future will be relatively easy if I want it :tongue:

I swear I'm getting in the habit of typing up a post and not hitting the button to reply.

But yea, was going to say none of those options say soldered so it'll be upgradable. They probably just don't offer a 64GB option but it supports it for later on. With a 6 core and a 1050ti I could def do some stuff on that. My current Zbook has a Haswell quad i7, 32GB of RAM and a Quadro 2000 which is pretty **** for almost anything.

Finally bought the new pipe and joiners to fix one of my copper water pipes that'd sprung a small leak abouuut..oh..2 months ago :grin:
$14 and 5 mins work, feel a bit stupid for putting it off so long now lol

Also bought a few cases of 28Black energy drinks, lawd help my heart

And yeah at your point a few posts ago... I paid slightly under $2k for this one.

= $2.8K Australian T_T though I wonder if now's gonna be a good time to trade some USD for AUD given the events unfolding on your side of the world atm :p seems like a solid short option coming up

^ holy cow that's crazy.
If this laptop is good enough I'm going to consider replacing my desktop with a dock. I don't do any super hard games anymore since I switched full time to Linux.

StarCraft II, WoW occasionally, EVE occasionally, Minecraft and a ton of Indie games are all I really play nowadays.

O'Keeffe's working hands cream. Holy ****, this stuff is good. I suffer from Eczema on my hands and this stops them being dry for hours and hours. Kinda weird though, my hands feel like they're made of wax. But i'll take that over dry + pain every day of the week.

O'Keeffe's working hands cream. Holy ****, this stuff is good. I suffer from Eczema on my hands and this stops them being dry for hours and hours. Kinda weird though, my hands feel like they're made of wax. But i'll take that over dry + pain every day of the week.

On the skincare theme, I got one of those cheese graters for your feet to get rid of some hard skin; I've been doing 10k steps a day all month and it has been showing.

1+ on that O'Keeffe's hand creme, in the cold the ends of my fingers/thumbs split open and that hurts. O'Keeffe's heals them right up

Back
Top Bottom