What You've Just Bought!

I also ordered a 80CM Sat Dish for use with a WiFi Router and have a custom set-up. Best part is; you can get a signal at the bottom of my street and that's no joke.

You might be able to see the signal, but can your device communicate the same distance back?

You might be able to see the signal, but can your device communicate the same distance back?

I was able to connect using the WiFi but I did not try loading something like a Web Page using something like Chrome.

When the device connected I had two bars on my signal from the router I have mounted to the Sat Dish.

:D

Missed out on a bargain yesterday and today. I contacted a seller from gumtree about a desktop and a server but was gone when I got back in touch after he initially replied to my message. Was wanting like £10 for a duel core with 4GiB of RAM and £25 for a HP Server.

You can really get some good stuff on gumtree but oh man the greed of most people in general is unreal. When I have looked at some of the adverts you would not believe the prices they ask for old crap and tat in the computers, Laptops and devices section.

People running Business threw gumtree selling second hand systems from home.

One thing that absolutely boils my *** pot is when they sell a system or something and when the buyer is on their way to collect they put sold pending collection. Absolute greed.

Another favourite is asking for even the likes of £40 or £50 for a system running Vista or 8.1 . Every system you deal with has upgraded Ver. of Windows 10 and you can bet they are not activated with a genuine key.

I've actually seen people advertise "Bank Transfer Wanted" . WTF man.

The scams are unreal some of the stunts people pull.

Last edited:
Just ordered another Xiaomi Mi Band 3, but this one is for my nephew. Also ordered an additional wristband and screen protectors for it.

Just ordered another Xiaomi Mi Band 3, but this one is for my nephew. Also ordered an additional wristband and screen protectors for it.

And here was me thinking these fitness trackers still costed £100+. Lol. There are some generic chinese ones but with 4.5/5 on Amazon reviews for like £15...

And here was me thinking these fitness trackers still costed £100+. Lol. There are some generic chinese ones but with 4.5/5 on Amazon reviews for like £15...

I am really liking the Mi Band 3. My wife and MiL have the Band 2 but they don't have half the functionality. Xiaomi makes several other models that blend fitness trackers and smartwatches.

I am really liking the Mi Band 3. My wife and MiL have the Band 2 but they don't have half the functionality. Xiaomi makes several other models that blend fitness trackers and smartwatches.

To be honest I am waiting for smart watches to get good. They're not particularly useful at the moment. But apparently the next gen of smartwatches arriving in 2019 or maybe even later this year from Samsung/Huawei/Apple will have EKG and blood glucose sensors in addition to the usual heart rate monitors. That'd be really cool, so i'll buy one of them if that happens.

To be honest I am waiting for smart watches to get good. They're not particularly useful at the moment. But apparently the next gen of smartwatches arriving in 2019 or maybe even later this year from Samsung/Huawei/Apple will have EKG and blood glucose sensors in addition to the usual heart rate monitors. That'd be really cool, so i'll buy one of them if that happens.
Probably won't ever get another one.

Probably won't ever get another one.

I personally would like one if it had a bunch of really advanced, accurate health features on it. Like a mini hospital on your wrist :p

In other news, a leaked document has shown that our 250Mph high speed rail project from London to north England is going to increase in cost from £56Bn to £90Bn.

120 BILLION DOLLARS for something that will benefit about 5% of the population on the odd occassion. Absolutely insane. It would cost 1/2 as much to deploy gigabit fiber to every house in the country and cover it with 100% 5G coverage too.

It's costing $50bn so far for our "fibre" rollout, and that's just to the node - same ****ty copper still running from node to house. Oh yeah and it won't be done for another 2 years at least, and started 4 years ago.

Honest to god I don't know how the people in charge of these things get put in charge. Something is seriously broken with the way things are working.

edit: oop, keeping it on topic :p I bought a new fence for my house cause a storm blew down the old one -_- god damnit lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom