What You've Just Bought!

If you xfer large files often yeah, otherwise not really. IOPS are also dramatically improved, not sure whether that'd translate to better vm performance also

I will say tho, I *love* the fact I can slot them in like ram now, no more cables. Sometimes makes it 100% worth it for me

For standard users the higher in speed you go with SSDs the more diminishing return you achieve. I have a pre NVMe PCI-E SSD and a 960 EVO, both of which perform exactly the same for regular tasks. This includes video editing, gaming, etc. NVMe drives used as a cache for a large NAS, multiple VMs, etc is amazing. I was honestly considering replacing my 960 EVO for a 1TB 860 EVO M.2 SATA and just using the 960 EVO in my NAS for VMs and drive pool caching.

Last night I ordered a Xiaomi Mi Band 3. I want to give it a go and see if it can be a viable replacement for my smartwatch.

I also ordered a Cougar MX330-G MX330 Mid Tower Case. I am going to populate the two front fan bays and the rear one with some red LED ring fans and go with non-LED fans in the top. My Antec 300 Illusion case has served me well for many years but I am ready for a change. I wanted to go for tempered glass on the front as well as the side but it wasn't in my budget as the ones I liked and that allowed airflow were just too expensive for right now.

Last night I ordered a Xiaomi Mi Band 3. I want to give it a go and see if it can be a viable replacement for my smartwatch.

I also ordered a Cougar MX330-G MX330 Mid Tower Case. I am going to populate the two front fan bays and the rear one with some red LED ring fans and go with non-LED fans in the top. My Antec 300 Illusion case has served me well for many years but I am ready for a change. I wanted to go for tempered glass on the front as well as the side but it wasn't in my budget as the ones I liked and that allowed airflow were just too expensive for right now.
Could have your cake and eat it too :p
https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Maste...rd_wg=pX0CL&psc=1&refRID=H71ZPCB91RQJDHJQAR90

Or even cheaper.
https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Maste...rd_wg=U1xf2&psc=1&refRID=ZTN4D19606SGS9JSYEH4

Probably getting that for my 98 box next check to finally put it under water.

Back
Top Bottom