What You've Just Bought!

What PP said... Boot into old build, install drivers to support AHCI, change the registry entries to enable it, reboot, change mode to AHCI, boot back into windows to make sure all is good, and there ya go.

Does your mobo have Win7 support? I know mine there are a few patches from the manufacture to help make Win7 work properly with Ryzen.

What PP said... Boot into old build, install drivers to support AHCI, change the registry entries to enable it, reboot, change mode to AHCI, boot back into windows to make sure all is good, and there ya go.

Does your mobo have Win7 support? I know mine there are a few patches from the manufacture to help make Win7 work properly with Ryzen.

There is no old build as I gutted it to install the new parts. Everything is installed and up now so I guess it is a moot point.

Apparently mine does support Win7. So far so good anyway.

Ever been? We're still looking for things to do. We plan on spending most of our time down on the southern coast and in / around Reykjavik

Nope never been there. Explored a lot in Google Earth VR and I play a GeoGuessr drinking game with friends and Iceland is one of those places that's pretty distinct to identify.

Iceland is nice looking but i've never been. My friend completed the English channel swim one year, and so swam from the north western tip of Scotland to Iceland the year after.

Ordered this:

ThinkPad E480 - black (Intel graphics)

- Intel Core i5-8250U Processor (6MB Cache, up to 3.40 GHz)
- Windows 10 Home 64
- 14.0" FHD IPS (1920x1080) AntiGlare
- 8GB DDR4 2400MHz SODIMM
- Intel UHD Graphics 620
- Keyboard Backlit - English UK
- Fingerprint Reader, GS Black, PC/ABS/Painting
- 14W FHD IPS Antiglare, Aluminum, GS Black
- Hardware dTPM2.0 Enabled
- 720p HD Camera with MIC
- 256GB Solid State Drive PCIe OPAL2.0 M.2 2280 (16GT/s)
- 3 Cell Li-Polymer Battery 45WH
- 65W AC Adapter (3pin) - UK (USB Type C)
- Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165, 1x1, Wi-Fi + Bluetooth combo adapter
- Publication - WE (FR/GE/IT/DU/EN)
- 1 Year Depot or Carry-in

Back
Top Bottom