What You've Just Bought!

Why..?

That's one game I refuse to pay for, again. All Blizzard did was take SC:BW, change the graphics engine up a little bit, added new textures, removed ladder from the game and then put it behind a new paywall touting matchmaking... If it's anything like the SC2 matchmaking, it will end up as a cluster ****.

Also, 2GB patch? Man I miss the days where a Starcraft patch was only a few megs tops. Seems since ~1.18 or so, all they do is rebuild the game, and send the game out as a whole, too lazy to build an actual patch and update files as needed?

Last edited:
^ Also the fact that the playerbase moved to SC:R. Easier to find games.
Also SC:BW didn't work on MacOS for the longest time due to PowerPC support being pulled from later versions of MacOS

Yeah... There used to be a way to force the resolution you wanted, but seems the game ignores the registry key now unless you buy it again... :(

Curiously, when games are made, are they hosted bnet side, or do users still have to forward ports and be actual hosts if they want to make a game that's non-ladder?

I actually logged into the game yesterday and joined an old Battle.net channel, what's funny is, when I am on a Bnet 1.0 game, I can see my SC account, but my SC account can't see my bnet 1.0 account LOL

Last edited:
Yeah... There used to be a way to force the resolution you wanted, but seems the game ignores the registry key now unless you buy it again... :(

Curiously, when games are made, are they hosted bnet side, or do users still have to forward ports and be actual hosts if they want to make a game that's non-ladder?

I actually logged into the game yesterday and joined an old Battle.net channel, what's funny is, when I am on a Bnet 1.0 game, I can see my SC account, but my SC account can't see my bnet 1.0 account LOL
Forcing the res on the old game for me always made it look really bad. The only thing I haven't tried is something like dgvoodoo but I can't exactly expect my not in the know friends to do all that when the newer one is click and play.

I haven't played a game yet so idk. I only bought and installed, beed at work.

Back
Top Bottom