What You've Just Bought!

Alright maybe I looked at the 4k side or a different TV
I think my current tv has like a 70 so it's bad lol , better with game mode .
I think I'm sticking with the OLED purchase. Will find out I guess.
Thanks
Your gaming funeral, 19 is already bad and game mode washes out colors. I don't suggest hooking these up to a PC monitor anytime soon or you'll realize how bad the input lag is. I play my PS4 Pro on my PC monitor these days.

As a side note there is zero technical reason for OLED TVs to have high input lag. It's just because the OLED TV's are top of the line, and so they have the most 'advanced processing' (which noone likes but whatever), and so the highest latency.

If someone cared to make an OLED gaming monitor, it would be close to traditional CRT levels of performance rather than modern LCD. It should and could be amazing for gaming.

As a side note there is zero technical reason for OLED TVs to have high input lag. It's just because the OLED TV's are top of the line, and so they have the most 'advanced processing' (which noone likes but whatever), and so the highest latency.

If someone cared to make an OLED gaming monitor, it would be close to traditional CRT levels of performance rather than modern LCD. It should and could be amazing for gaming.
Yup, nobody gives a **** about image enhancement but yet they insist. THey need to make a nice, fast, and smooth UI and ditch the extra BS. Hence why game mode makes it so much better. Honestly the reason why I started putting my PS4 Pro on my PC monitor. The latency difference was night and day, even from 19 to 1.

Yup, nobody gives a **** about image enhancement but yet they insist. THey need to make a nice, fast, and smooth UI and ditch the extra BS. Hence why game mode makes it so much better. Honestly the reason why I started putting my PS4 Pro on my PC monitor. The latency difference was night and day, even from 19 to 1.
See, I agree... Using a monitor is better then a tv for simple fact a few v dies not give you response time you need. And honestly.... Since no councle is 4k or true 4k I don't see the need to use a Oled tv

See, I agree... Using a monitor is better then a tv for simple fact a few v dies not give you response time you need. And honestly.... Since no councle is 4k or true 4k I don't see the need to use a Oled tv
I use my Xbox One S to stream HDR 4k movies off my server and it does it well, this is on my 65" KS8500. The point of OLED is to have perfect blacks and they're really thin. It really is the superior technology, even over our current PC screens. The difference is just all the extra BS they tack onto TVs. Most people want to play their consoles on a large TV though and not a tiny PC monitor which is understandable. So the only option is to find a good low latency one like I did.

Yup I don't enjoy gaming on my monitor anymore due to the size, I've started enjoying sitting on my couch and playing with a controller, granted I could still do that with the PC since it's hooked to the TV however I just don't wanna bother switching screens all the time. The ks8000 is really tempting, I just went over to a couple workers house for him to show it to me and it looked really good however I've been reading people's reviews who went from the Samsung to tht OLED LG and they're saying it's a night and day difference.
Hopefully 33ms Input lag isn't a deal breaker, my current plasma is probably worse

Yup I don't enjoy gaming on my monitor anymore due to the size, I've started enjoying sitting on my couch and playing with a controller, granted I could still do that with the PC since it's hooked to the TV however I just don't wanna bother switching screens all the time. The ks8000 is really tempting, I just went over to a couple workers house for him to show it to me and it looked really good however I've been reading people's reviews who went from the Samsung to tht OLED LG and they're saying it's a night and day difference.
Hopefully 33ms Input lag isn't a deal breaker, my current plasma is probably worse
They had an OLED LG and Samsung at Conns when I got mine. Wasn't night and day to me and they were running retail demos (the real high quality videos to sell you ****). Maybe the blacks in a pitch black room might seem way different but I highly enjoyed my screen viewing an HDR 4k movies in pitch black. I know there's backlight bleed but never actually noticed it while watching. I only ever notice it when I first turn the screen on. Then again I'm also the same kinda person to enjoy a projector for the size over a high quality TV.

IDK... I think it's a waste since a HD ready tv which ups to HD.. or true HD gives just enough to support Max resulution for gaming.....
Unless you're buying used most if not all good large 1080p TVs are going for damn near 4k cost, their smart systems aren't as quick or as advanced (which adds latency), and most are all heavier and thicker so it's basically pointless to buy a 1080p TV these days. I've actually seen some furniture outlets giving them away as bundles with room sets to get rid of stock because of this. Last year I went shopping for 60" or larger 1080p TVs for my older consoles and all the good ones were 800 bucks or more. Considering I only paid 1200 for my at the time top of the line Samsung HDR 4k it didn't make any sense to get a 1080p TV. To top that off, the best upscaler on the market for classic console gaming is 500 bucks. That's about the same price as most used large 1080p TVs in my area. I did see a 60" Toshiba 1080p TV for 200 bucks last month on CL but it was 60lbs. Considering I can get a 55" 4k Vizio for 500 from Walmart with a built in Roku for my kids that's 25lbs it didn't make any sense to me. Have to take into consideration him and myself included (as many others) also use our TVs for movies, those actually do take advantage of 4k. As a content quality enthusiast anything new that comes out I get exclusively in 4k. Even my naysayer friends that swore up and down they couldn't tell a difference changed their minds when I played Secret Life of Pets side by side in 1080p and 4k HDR. I even gave the 1080p copy a pixel density advantage by putting it on the 48" screen.

Personally I don't see much reason to base your TV purchase on the smart TV features, considering something like a Roku, Shield, or Apple TV is going to be significantly better than any of them. Seems like a non-issue for me. I'd happy buy a completely 'dumb' TV that had a great panel.

Back
Top Bottom