What You've Just Bought!

I agree,
I have worked on systems with PoE, yet didn't know anything about the systems them selfs or how it worked. But I do understand how power over Ethernet does work. Now my problem is what am I gonna use this stuff for lol.

^Noice, pity they put the steering wheel on the wrong side :p

Yeah for me I'll be doin lots of nature stuff, especially birds, so I *really* love the servo AF mode. Hold down the focus button and it'll keep refocusing on your selected target while you move. I'm so ****ing tempted by the smaller size of a mirrorless though...arrrgh. I wish I knew someone with one so I could get some hands on to try it out :p

Today I bought some new bearings for my skateboard, pack of Mother to survive work, and some rolling papers cause it just happens to be the 20th of April :grin:
Mine does this with continuous autofocus. Tomorrow if I remember I'll let my dog out the back door and take some shots.

Bought my brother a new deck, and a roll of grip tape to redo mine. Also bought some wood I'll need for this weekend, building a ramp :D

Mine does this with continuous autofocus. Tomorrow if I remember I'll let my dog out the back door and take some shots.

That'd be great cheers! If you feel like going wild, see if you can find a bird to startle and get em taking off :p

Bought my brother a new deck, and a roll of grip tape to redo mine. Also bought some wood I'll need for this weekend, building a ramp :D

That'd be great cheers! If you feel like going wild, see if you can find a bird to startle and get em taking off :p
You're asking me to be outdoorsy too much with that request.

Bought me an axe! But it's out of stock for a bit.

Urgh I need to stop buying things -_- bought $40 worth of takeout yesterday, camping chairs + new 40 piece screwdriver set today. Still (just) in budget :p but I think I'm gonna go over before the end of the month T_T

You're asking me to be outdoorsy too much with that request.

There's birds in my back/front yard nearly 100% of the time :p dunno what the fauna is like in TX
Just been speaking to another camera guy here too, his top suggestion right now just happened to be a Sony A6000 :grin: I'm starting to think this is the camera I'm gonna go for.
Not sure how great Sony's lens range is, but I know there's adapters out there for Canon/Nikon lenses so that shouldn't be too much of a pain.

Urgh I need to stop buying things -_- bought $40 worth of takeout yesterday, camping chairs + new 40 piece screwdriver set today. Still (just) in budget :p but I think I'm gonna go over before the end of the month T_T

There's birds in my back/front yard nearly 100% of the time :p dunno what the fauna is like in TX
Just been speaking to another camera guy here too, his top suggestion right now just happened to be a Sony A6000 :grin: I'm starting to think this is the camera I'm gonna go for.
Not sure how great Sony's lens range is, but I know there's adapters out there for Canon/Nikon lenses so that shouldn't be too much of a pain.
Just meant I'd have to be outside for a while snapping pics. It was 89f today and it's not even May and since I still haven't fixed the AC in my car I was sweaty af so didn't wanna be outside. The camera is great though, I love mine.

Sony partner with Zeiss but also have their own high end lenses in the 'G Master' range. Sony G Master Glass. But i'm going to say you won't be getting any Sony G lenses as they're mightily expensive. As are the good Zeiss range.

But there are decent priced 3rd party E mount APS-C lenses and just the normal Sony range which are 3 digit prices rather than 4 digit like the G Master range.

Honestly i'd recommend spending more on lenses than the camera. Most people buy an expensive camera and junk lenses, which isn't the right way to go IMO.

When I bought my A7, I immediately bought the Sony Zeiss 55mm F1.8, it's a £900 lens but I ordered from Hong Kong and got it for £350. That is one sweet sweet lens. I think it's top 10 on DXOMark for MTF figures.

Back
Top Bottom