What You've Just Bought!

Thinking about one of the new Surface Book's. The new MacBooks are very underwhelming.

Bought 2x pairs of pants, a new jacket, and a new alarm clock :tongue:

^Heh, wish my workplace shared that view :p we're already gearing up to buy new MBPs for all the senior staff.

Bought some new work clothes and another replacement screen for my Redmi3 just so I'm ready when I inevitably smash my new screen again :p really happy that it only costs ~$30 for the whole thing with shipping included.

Thinking about one of the new Surface Book's. The new MacBooks are very underwhelming.

Bought 2x pairs of pants, a new jacket, and a new alarm clock :tongue:

Why'd you prefer Surface Book ? if you see genuine utility and value in a tablet and pen input, sure, Surface Book is the obvious choice. If you don't, then I don't really see where it out specs the new MBP other than battery life.

...that's not to say I didn't find the announcement generally underwhelming. Touch bar is interesting, but it may well end up being primarily a novelty and seldom used for much. Time will tell. They did enough to hold firm their position of class leading top end notebooks though, IMO.

Rumor has it Apple have been pretty much holding back on numerous technologies to make a huge splash next year. New Apple HQ, first product unveiling there, 10 year iPhone anniversary. Apparently there are reliable sources saying the iPhone 8 will be solid glass, with screen area being totally transparent and see through using transparent OLED, and they'll take advantage of that by turning the iPhone into a mixed reality/AR device.. yeah, sounds bonkers.

Last edited:
Well, one very major one is lack of non C usb ports.
Second, for 99% of what I do, that touch screen bar will do nothing, and may even be a hindrance (booting into Linux, the F keys select tty's)
Gotta buy adapters to charge iPhones and iPads.
Gotta buy adapters to plug an external monitor into it
Gotta buy another cable to charge my phone.
Gotta buy an adapter to plug my camera into it.
Gotta buy adapters to use 99.9% of USB sticks
Gotta buy adapters to plug an SD card into it.

Plus, I actually like the fact that the Surface Book is a souped up convertible. The keyboards what's been stopping me from buying a Surface Pro 4 :tongue:

So... 2014 MacBooK Pro for sale! With 3 year Apple Care warranty! :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom